Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 x3 turbo
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked through the owner's manual to set the suspension back to stock on my new-to-me x3.
the manual says set the top spring ring certain distance from the top of the shock shoulder, and set the spring cross over x amount below top ring to the top of the cross over lock nut.
The fox instruction say set the spring length first, then set the cross over x amount below it and to further confuse it want it to measure from the top ring to the bottom of second the cross over nut.

what gives?
thanks

·
Premium Member
14,637 Posts
Before you get too spun up, do yourself a favor and get aftermarket springs, from Shock Therapy or Eibach. Stock springs will quickly sag no matter where you set them.

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
795 Posts
I looked through the owner's manual to set the suspension back to stock on my new-to-me x3.
the manual says set the top spring ring certain distance from the top of the shock shoulder, and set the spring cross over x amount below top ring to the top of the cross over lock nut.
The fox instruction say set the spring length first, then set the cross over x amount below it and to further confuse it want it to measure from the top ring to the bot.tom of second the cross over nut.

what gives?
thanks
And don't worry about measuring the spring at all. Just set the ride height you are looking for and then set the crossover.
Be sure to jack the car off the ground and you can rotate the spring and nut together

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not sure what model you have. For my 2020 XRS Turbo RR I found the best setting (for me) with the ride height at 16 inches and the crossovers rings 1 to 2 inches above the crossover (with the car sitting on level ground). With that said I am a desert guy. No dunes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts