Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked my maverick up from the dealership, they installed a clutch kit on it. Well it drove up onto my trailer, I get home and it backs right off, then I put it in drive. NOTHING, all I hear is a loud rattling/clicking noise. I'm lost. It has a new belt on it as well, I took the plastics off on the side to see if anything wasn't hooked up and also noticed the back driveshaft just moves when the motor clicked too when I push the gas, kinda like a clock hand ticking, anyone have a solution that's easy or I should check before driving all the way back to the dealership?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Is it engaging into gear completely?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Back to the dealer ASAP!
Sounds like the secondary bolt might not be tightened...
Would demand new bolts and another new belt as well. Hopefully no damage to the secondary drive splines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'd be a little upset but u know they'll take care of ya

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Wow…that is some carnage in there…..I don't know how they could argue the point if they documented the mileage when it left the shop as it sounds like you put zero miles on it since picking it up.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You would hope they are a stand up dealer. They can try to be slippery sometimes. But your right hopefully they realize it was their fault. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Damn, that is the spring all uncoiled there!
I had to read your post just to figure out what the hell it was.......I think I'd tell them to give me the new parts to install myself. Someone took too many rips at lunch break...WOW.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's what I'm sayin! But I've talked to them and they're gonna take care of it ASAP, figured after being a technition that they'd know what to do

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It is hard to trust a shop unless you know them personally or spend some time talking with the guys in the back and see if they know what they re talking about or not. A good manual and some patience and you will be the best mechanic that will ever touch your toys…..

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
^^^^^ truer word were never spoken....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts