Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have access to both a 2014 Maverick XRS DPS (2 seat) and Maverick Max (4 seat) ?

I'm interested in: UTV INC MAVERICK MAX 40" LIGHT BAR MOUNTS (PR) - I believe it is SKU 3481

I called UTV and they said it won't fit the two seat because the 2 seat has had the "cap welded" ? However an e-mail request asking the same question said " the 2014 cages are all the same"

Has anyone bought this mount and used it on a 2014 2 seater successfully? Ideally with a 40" Totron LED DC-series light which I just ordered!

Please help!

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I am using these mounts on a MAX model. All the 2014 models use a plated-in gusset on the front cage down-radius with 2 holes drilled through the plates. It's to these plates the UTV mounts bolt. As long as yours is a 2014 model, these mounts should work. Do bear in mind however, that the mounts do not lend themselves to mounting the lightbar on IF you are using a metal roof that wraps under the front of the cage as a visor. (I modded my mounts & roof to make that all work out with my UTV roof)

Hope that helps, and good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can you post a photo of how you cut the roof? I have a 14 Max with the UTV roof also and am getting ready to add a light bar. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Here's a pic of the inside:

image.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice Scott! I exchanged e-mails again w/ UTV and it seems there is enough of a chance they'll work that I gotta try it! So I've ordered the brackets. As soon as the light and the brackets show up I'll report and show pictures. Thanks again all. Adam

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
And outside:

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
And mounted:

image.jpg

Reactions: Bigk_54 and Ndrider

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Glad to help, Adam. Hope that gives you some ideas!

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just received my 40" Totron and the UTV brackets are on their way. So I will be able to tell you very soon whether they work together on a 2014 XRS DPS 2 seater.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Is that a rigid light? Does anyone know if the utv brackets will work with a tortron?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 40 is a Totron, so yes they will work. I did have the spread and slightly dogleg the brackets a bit though. Seems the Totron is very slightly wider than the Rigid.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought mine on eBay for $350, free shipping. Seemed as good a price as any and came really fast.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UTV brackets work great on a 2 seat 2014 maverick. Some tweaking will be required to work w/ the 40" Totron but nothing a vise and hammer can't solve.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And with about 30 mins (low skill) work I've got a 2014 2 man Maverick wearing a 40" Totron with the UTV brackets. Solid! Good luck to all.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts