Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Compressing suspension to load an enclosed trailer

7K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  sandiegojoe 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to compress the rear suspension in order to load an enclosed Wells Cargo trailer?

#2 ·
ratchet strap suspension arm up to cage. make sure to release it once you get it in the trailer. keeping suspension bound up is not good for it.

can you let the air out of the tires instead?

#3 ·
Depending on how much lower you need it, you can also reduce your rear spring preload so the car will squat.

#6 ·
Id let all the air out of the tires. You're going to be fighting quiet a bit of force, anything less than a chain binder and a good bump might have your roof hitting the ceiling.

#7 ·
I had this same issue with my toy hauler. My back bed does not go all the way up to the ceiling, the rear of the cage was 5 inches too high. I thought I could flatten the tires and ratchet strap the the rear end to get the clearance, boy was I wrong. I could not get the suspension to load up with a ratchet strap, it was too stiff. Thankfully I was able to put spacers under the back side of the bed frame in the trailer to get the clearance I needed. Is it just the rear of the cage that does not clear the door frame? Maybe try ATV size wheel/tire combo to transport?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.