Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 2014 xrs-dps they are kinda oval shaped, round/flat/round/flat .. are these the same on the 2013 models that were having problems? mine does not have a spot carved in where you would install a wrench to adjust and turn them.
TIEROD.jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
my dealer told me that can am changed them from aluminum to steel, but it wasn't a recall so they wouldn't put the new ones on mine.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My 2014 XRS DPS had those same tie rods. I went ahead and went to aftermarket ones. If you take them off you can see how thin the walls are

·
Registered
367 Posts
take em off and throw them in your onboard tool kit for spares
get some good ones on there
ct racing
turnkey
etc,etc

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
take em off and throw them in your onboard tool kit for spares
get some good ones on there
ct racing
turnkey
etc,etc
I would have to Recommend the CT Racing kit from Alex now that I have it installed on my Max and My Buddy bought a kit from Utv inc . The front inner support from CT ties the Front upper over to the Rear upper mount really nice and solid where as the UTV style just uses a thicker steel floating 2 bar kit similar to factory stuff. If you guys have never looked real close at the inner upper Arms the Tabs are actually floating and not welded to the Frame. They just cross over to the other side and bolt to the other Arm. I don't like that at all, to much room for flex and Movement.

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I installed the Holz racing ones. They fit perfect and are about the same dia as stock except solid tubing, so way stronger.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! ill be updating asap

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they have a website? ct racing that is?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
holz or turnkey has new solid tie rods for 50 bucks

·
Registered
310 Posts
CT REPLACEMENT TIE RODS

Alex Reed (AKA AREED, CT Race Worx) will take care of you. Great guy to deal with! I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that will agree..

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks once again guys!

·
Registered
382 Posts
For a temporary fix, I took some 1".90 wall dom steel tube and just slid it over the aluminum OEM rods. The locking nuts hold it on and now it has to bend the steel as well as the aluminum.

·
Registered
162 Posts
For a temporary fix, I took some 1".90 wall dom steel tube and just slid it over the aluminum OEM rods. The locking nuts hold it on and now it has to bend the steel as well as the aluminum.
Other than the little added weight it will probably work as good as any. By the way, where did you get the pipe?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Any steel supply should have it. Just have 2 12" pieces cut. Like I said, temporary fix though. Only costs about 7 bucks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went with CT Racing tie rods they fit awesome and are sturdy.

Sent from my mobile

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
hey bud if u can grab a magnet and see if the front tie rods are metal or not , thx
x2 im curious if my dealer told me right or not

1 - 20 of 22 Posts