Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned before I became a vendor here while waiting on the status change we have some items we are working on. None of it is done yet but here is the closest items.

On the way here is a Unisteer (Wickedbilt ) power steering and rackzilla.

The power steering is rock solid and there is already a change being made to the rackzilla, here is the information I received on it today but no due date.

"This is a Can Am issue. I have a Maverick here and it appears that the control arms travels way more than the inner ends can articulate. This is not only a problem for our ends but the factory gear as well and only is happening in race conditions. We are looking at making a super high articulation inner."

We will stay on top of this.

I already run the Gen 4 Dobeck on our XP 900 and we have a unit coming for our Maverick, I can truly say this is the best fuel controller there is. This baby is a true auto tuner and keeps the air/fuel right where you put it.

We will be testing a Power Command V too with a stock map and a Muzzy exhaust map.

Muzzy is sending a full system and claiming a 11% gain, we will see and report.

Dalton is sending a clutch kit to test out. In their testing they show some acceleration gains and holding the proper RPM better.

We will have some clutch holding tools for both the primary and secondary so you can torque them correctly too.

Already running the Gates C12 belt on ours.

These items are just a start and we will not be selling most of them until tested out but thought I would tell you was in the pipeline from us in the short term.

Before I add any products other than the steering parts, I will be making baseline runs on our dyno, gathering air/fuel ratios in stock form and will be checking as I always do on all UTV's how the engine reacts to changes in the intake.

Longer term there are two companies making new primary clutches, one is Team Industries and one wants to remain unnamed for now. We will be testing and hopefully selling both at some point.

From there we will just have to see.

Todd

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
cant wait to see exhaust and clutch dyno's / run test !

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me neither. I got several vehicles that belong to friends I gotta get out of here first then get on it. Two engines coming in too to build. Never enough time

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
cant wait to see exhaust and clutch dyno's / run test !
are you sure you will believe them?
lets see where his numbers come in on the muzzy,but my guess is around 8hp, which is what I have been told by 2 different people that dyno'd before & after. Also heard the Yosh exhaust is getting about the same.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you sure you will believe them?
lets see where his numbers come in on the muzzy,but my guess is around 8hp, which is what I have been told by 2 different poaple that dyno before after. Also heradthe Yosh exhaust is getting abou the same.
Benzo will believe us, he knows I will not cheat on the dyno.

I will warn you guys my dyno numbers are lower than most. It is the way we strap them down so my stock number will be low too but what we look at is, difference in before and after.

If you strap it down where there is a lot of pressure on the drum the number will be higher. We use a chain in the rear and two straps pulling forward so that we can come off and on the dyno and get repeatable results.

Todd

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I've heard of the inner tie rods being in the works but he said a couple months before something happens.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Benzo will believe us, he knows I will not cheat on the dyno.

I will warn you guys my dyno numbers are lower than most. It is the way we strap them down so my stock number will be low too but what we look at is, difference in before and after.

If you strap it down where there is a lot of pressure on the drum the number will be higher. We use a chain in the rear and two straps pulling forward so that we can come off and on the dyno and get repeatable results.

Todd
Do you have a way of measuring the strap tension each time so you know you have the same tension?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Do you have a way of measuring the strap tension each time so you know you have the same tension?
maybe he does it the same way I do my belt. Pull it tight enough that my Dunlop keeps my pants off the ground, and leave a little slack for that gigantic breakfast burrito.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought some things from you back in the day when I had a Rhino. I was very pleased with everything I bought from you. But, I don't think the Dobeck will even compare to the new controller coming out (I hear Tunemonster). It will give complete control of the motor. No more guessing if the throttle is actually open all the way when your foot is on the floor. It is supposed to be out in a few weeks. Also, Team is coming out with a new clutch for the Maverick which will be at a decient price. It too is just a few weeks away.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, not needed the way we do it, we are not pulling down but forward. There is a post in the rear with a chain on it, we chain it to the vehicle so it can only go so far forward and only the weight of the vehicle on the drums.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought some things from you back in the day when I had a Rhino. I was very pleased with everything I bought from you. But, I don't think the Dobeck will even compare to the new controller coming out (I hear Tunemonster). It will give complete control of the motor. No more guessing if the throttle is actually open all the way when your foot is on the floor. It is supposed to be out in a few weeks. Also, Team is coming out with a new clutch for the Maverick which will be at a decient price. It too is just a few weeks away.
Well aware of the Team, I talk with them regularly.

On the tune monster, I am sure it will have a application, but that is a very expensive and complicated system. I would say most people do not need that much control and the complexity of it would steer a bunch of people away. The Dobeck Gen 4 is just easy and requires almost no user input. Only takes 5 min to set up and it just holds the AFR you tell it to. I absolutely love mine on my XP!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
No, not needed the way we do it, we are not pulling down but forward. There is a post in the rear with a chain on it, we chain it to the vehicle so it can only go so far forward and only the weight of the vehicle on the drums.
Ok I gotcha. Makes more sense to just hold it in place than to pull it downward.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts