Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you plans to keep warm this winter? Besides heat that comes through cab lol. I want utv inc doors but dont want to spend 600 on doors only to make possible enclosure make doors useless. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Cold weather??? Hell I though that what clothes were for.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
In Minnesota, modern snowmobile gear is so damn hot there's no way you'll be cold in it. In the dead heat of winder I had my hand and thumb warmers off and was till sweating. That gear is crazy. Problem is finding a place to ride...besides lakes. I intend to try. =)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I thought winter was for snowmobiles.:shocked:
But what do I know, I live in beautiful San Diego Ca. at the beach. :cool2:
Its pure hell but someone has to do it.

Reactions: boovan

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I hear ya...It was a 84 here in O.C. today... but I'll "Endevor to perservere" thru the brutallity of it all...out by the pool with a pitcher of margehritas:p

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the great input guys for west coast. You poor dudes. Actually 90 here last few days but fall/spring can be cold as mo fo

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I tell you what...I love me some 4 seasons. And as much as I love the Maverick...I have a Polaris Rush Pro-R...and I LOVE it. 165 horsepower on it stock...I am not a small guy and bone stock the damn thing will stand straight up on me. I call starting it "lighting the fuse" since when you goose that throttle it's like a bomb exploding. I LOVE sledding man...nothing like it. I couldn't get the Ski Doo XRS which is rated barely better than the Polaris or I would have. But I love my sled man....and I can't wait to get it back out. So you guys can have your sun and paradise...I love the snow and yes the cold too. =)

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I tell you what...I love me some 4 seasons. And as much as I love the Maverick...I have a Polaris Rush Pro-R...and I LOVE it. 165 horsepower on it stock...I am not a small guy and bone stock the damn thing will stand straight up on me. I call starting it "lighting the fuse" since when you goose that throttle it's like a bomb exploding. I LOVE sledding man...nothing like it. I couldn't get the Ski Doo XRS which is rated barely better than the Polaris or I would have. But I love my sled man....and I can't wait to get it back out. So you guys can have your sun and paradise...I love the snow and yes the cold too. =)
I been snowmobiling up in you neck of the woods befor (Duluth), and had an absolute blast. Right up until I went thru the ice on a frozen lake. I never been so f'n cold. I'll stick with sand, surf, and sun for now on. But it was fun as hell.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I never run my sleds across lakes for the same reason Andy just stated. AS Tigers13 says, it kinda sucks chasing snow but when on those trails, its a blast. Best power sports fun I have had to date.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts