Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys tell me why I should upgrade my clutchs and if I do what should I buy ?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Reliability and increase of approx 10 rwhp. Clutch brand will depend on your budget.
I have the QCS/STM setup and I chose it because I am a recreational rider but like performance,reliability and price wise its in the middle of the pack.
It definately gives you a big noticable difference over stock at the launch and pulls much harder all the way to the top.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet thank you... Where did you buy it from and what was the cost? Im ready to pull some triggers on more parts..

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I got mine from Kris at Coldblooded Performance. It came pretuned so all I did was install.
I think it was around $1450 for both QSC primary & STM secondary.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
search this topic and you will have all kinds of info. You can spend $800 to $2000 on clutchs. Any of the combinations are 100x's better than the stock primary.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't feel like searching 100s of posts and reading all day when I can simply ask.. I think I will check out cold blooded.. I like the pre setup idea I dont wanna be messing around with clutches... rather just use my machine

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Don't feel like searching 100s of posts and reading all day when I can simply ask.. I think I will check out cold blooded.. I like the pre setup idea I dont wanna be messing around with clutches... rather just use my machine
well that sucks for you to be soo lazy. Lots of info good and bad on the setups. I bet you just cant wait to sign up for Obummer care too since it is for the lazyman who wants everything brought to him for no initial investment.

good luck

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well that sucks for you to be soo lazy. Lots of info good and bad on the setups. I bet you just cant wait to sign up for Obummer care too since it is for the lazyman who wants everything brought to him for no initial investment.

good luck

o Yes I love Obama sooo much... Lol who's lazy me ? Your funny as hell.. You too lazy to type some info? I don't have time to search and read tons of threads.. I have way too much to do as it is.. Id rather have some guys post the facts then read a bunch of threads about opinions!

Thank you desertdog for your time.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Reliability and increase of approx 10 rwhp. Clutch brand will depend on your budget.
I have the QCS/STM setup and I chose it because I am a recreational rider but like performance,reliability and price wise its in the middle of the pack.
It definately gives you a big noticable difference over stock at the launch and pulls much harder all the way to the top.
I agree with DD on this one for all of the same reasons....I also bought mine from Kris at Cold Blooded Performance and it has been a great decision. It is like a whole new machine due to the performance improvments as well as reliability.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with DD on this one for all of the same reasons....I also bought mine from Kris at Cold Blooded Performance and it has been a great decision. It is like a whole new machine due to the performance improvments as well as reliability.
thanks sir.. looks like the setup to purchase for sure.. How long does it take to get them too you?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Reactions: LBSwank

·
Registered
272 Posts
thanks sir.. looks like the setup to purchase for sure.. How long does it take to get them too you?
Bought mine from Kris as well, for 100 bucks more he advised me to go with STM rage 3 primary and STM secondary because of availability. I got mine in less than a week. About the only real difference is the stm is all billet and the qsc for now has some cast parts. Also if you do any coasting down hills (freewheeling) get the 2 way bearing in the primary or you'll have to get used to two footing it down hills.

Hope this helped,
Nathan

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'm not sure what the current lead time is on the QSC primaries. I think it is much better than it was since the new clutch recall has put a lot of peoples fears to rest so not as many people are jumping ship to the aftermarket clutches. Shoot Kris an email or even text message and he should get back to you later today.

[email protected]
(936) 334 2616

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bought mine from Kris as well, for 100 bucks more he advised me to go with STM rage 3 primary and STM secondary because of availability. I got mine in less than a week. About the only real difference is the stm is all billet and the qsc for now has some cast parts. Also if you do any coasting down hills (freewheeling) get the 2 way bearing in the primary or you'll have to get used to two footing it down hills.

Hope this helped,
Nathan
great thank yah two footing would be lame and the wife would be pisses haha

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If I would have known the STM rage 3 was only 100 bucks more, I would have probably went that route since it is all billet and can handle higher hp.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If I would have known the STM rage 3 was only 100 bucks more, I would have probably went that route since it is all billet and can handle higher hp.

I gave $1530 for mine shipped. Not real sure what the qsc STM combo is but it seems like it was around 100 cheaper.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I gave $1530 for mine shipped. Not real sure what the qsc STM combo is but it seems like it was around 100 cheaper.
sweet.. cheap mod then for stage 3s

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mine was $1450 shipped, but dont get me wrong, Im 100% happy with it.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
best clutch

1. stm/stm rage 8 - for hi HP machines

2. stm/stm rage 6 - tunable

3, stm/stm rage 3 - tunable

4. qsc/stm - most popular and gets the job done

5. cv tech/ stm - another good alternative !

6. next year works clutch will have a system out

7. Dalton or epi clutch kit

8. wait till the 1 year cvt can-am warranty is up

9. share this with all your friends

10, bring mega a snickers

1 - 20 of 47 Posts