Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone this is my first time posting. I have a question about my Maverick clutch. But first let me say I've been reading on this site long before I was a member and the knowledge that everybody has and the way you guys are willing to help is incredible! Anyways my question is I would like to upgrade my clutch and I be leave I've narrowed it down to a QSC. But only having the money for the primary right now can I and would it be wise to run that with the stock secondary? Any help would be great thanks!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
It will work fine. That's the way I started out. You will have to re-tune the QSC when you add the stm but that's not a problem.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It will work but create some overrev which won't kill u but you'll notice you bang the limiter more

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will work but create some overrev which won't kill u but you'll notice you bang the limiter more
. Thanks for the replies! After I posted this I did more reading on here and learned that some guys are running the stock primary with a STM secondary. I reread the thread a few times to try to fully comprehend it and I'm not sure I understand. Could somebody maybe brake it down in to simpler terms? All I really do is trail riding and only have a aftermarket exhaust but I keep hearing that there's more power that could be put to the ground that's all I'm after. Thanks again!

·
Registered
725 Posts
You answered your own question, the clutch helps put the power down more efficiently than the stock one does its not difficult just try and not overthink it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You answered your own question, the clutch helps put the power down more efficiently than the stock one does its not difficult just try and not overthink it!
. I know man I'm sorry I tend to over analyze there's just so many options out there. I might need to pick one and stop reading about this cool stuff!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
. Thanks for the replies! After I posted this I did more reading on here and learned that some guys are running the stock primary with a STM secondary. I reread the thread a few times to try to fully comprehend it and I'm not sure I understand. Could somebody maybe brake it down in to simpler terms? All I really do is trail riding and only have a aftermarket exhaust but I keep hearing that there's more power that could be put to the ground that's all I'm after. Thanks again!
Aftermarket seup will totally change the feel of your vehicle. It will be much more responsive off the line and if setup properly, will backshift and stay in the correct gear ratio at all times resulting in more power to the rear wheels and less load on the clutches......To me, although expensive, it was the best mod I have done so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts