Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still in the air on which clutches to buy. I have heard and seen the threads that state with a full stm and upgraded center bearing that there is quite a bit of noise when sitting still? Is this correct or did I read this wrong? Also does anyone have a sound byte or youTube of this clutch noise in action if that is the case... Thanks in advance for the input...!

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
yes they are a little noisy at idle but once you rev it up and the tires hook you will love it.

no sound clips, mine is put away in the toyhauler untill october.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes they are a little noisy at idle but once you rev it up and the tires hook you will love it.

no sound clips, mine is put away in the toyhauler untill october.
That is soo weird..we are on different dune schedules during the year.. we are flip flop. . Lol. What was your exact setup prim/sec

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
The STM rage 6 steel spider is quiet in my car. The aluminum spider on the other hand was "clackity" but once you're driving you completely forget about it because of the chit eatin grin on your face due to the acceleration and speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The STM rage 6 steel spider is quiet in my car. The aluminum spider on the other hand was "clackity" but once you're driving you completely forget about it because of the chit eatin grin on your face due to the acceleration and speed

What did you pay for your rage 6 with the steel spider if you don't mind me asking....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rage 6 gen 1 secondary. all other settings and weights are confidential.
That must be what was referenced to in the cracker jax decoder wheel needed thread...how much do I have to pay mega ..??? :)

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
There's no payment involved. You must receive training from the master to the grasshopper in order to receive said confidential information

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol.
I know.. just trying to get him thinking.. lol... did you see me earlier post addressed to you?

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
my top secret info was posted a few weeks ago and then i took it down. I paid $2200 for my clutches and had them fine tunned by the master.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
STM took care of me when my clutch had issues. Sink didn't pay anything for the steel spider. I wouldn't put an STM in my car if it didn't have the steel spider in it now. And as far as the cost if STM clutches go I think the price is pretty much set. That being said I'd buy from kris at patv he's a good guy. Adam at AIRDAM is very knowledgable as well.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool.. I appreciate you guys' s input.. I'm down to clutches and a roof to have my machine complete for now

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I think the upgrade on the steel spider is a $200 upgrade? Also, if your motor is stock, no turbo or big bore, go with a 40* helix and gold spring in the secondary and gold spring in the primary. Why do you want a rage 6?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the upgrade on the steel spider is a $200 upgrade? Also, if your motor is stock, no turbo or big bore, go with a 40* helix and gold spring in the secondary and gold spring in the primary. Why do you want a rage 6?

I don't necessarily want a rage 6.. just seeing what people are successfully running....I was Concerned with the noise.. sound like it is within reason though

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pm . sent

·
Registered
684 Posts
I was pretty set on dropping the coin for the STM/STM with the steel spider. I was quoted $2100 delivered. I thought about it a lot, and the money really isn't a problem. But after a lot of researching, and finding out the lost acceleration and short life before rebuild, I decided to give the dalton kit a try. I talked to Todd at Hunterworks and ordered it. I guess for $250, I can run it for the first trip of the season and if it works out I will have a lot of money to put towards other shit that I don't really need.
I got the shocks built by Areed, and if the dalton kit works, the car should be good enough for the wife to blast around in, and chase me and my boy around the Oregon dunes.
Cinergyswedge, aren't you going to be at horsefall for 4th of July? What about Memorial Day? We will be down there for both. We should hook up and ride!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was pretty set on dropping the coin for the STM/STM with the steel spider. I was quoted $2100 delivered. I thought about it a lot, and the money really isn't a problem. But after a lot of researching, and finding out the lost acceleration and short life before rebuild, I decided to give the dalton kit a try. I talked to Todd at Hunterworks and ordered it. I guess for $250, I can run it for the first trip of the season and if it works out I will have a lot of money to put towards other shit that I don't really need.
I got the shocks built by Areed, and if the dalton kit works, the car should be good enough for the wife to blast around in, and chase me and my boy around the Oregon dunes.
Cinergyswedge, aren't you going to be at horsefall for 4th of July? What about Memorial Day? We will be down there for both. We should hook up and ride!
That is some interesting inout. I have heard a lot about top end loss..which isn't the end of the world. .but would be a huge let down if it didn't hook and book when you hit the throttle. So you haven't run the Dalton yet? I haven't run mine since first part of February because it has been apart.
Yes, our big big dunes trip to horsfall is july. When is memorial this year?? We need to get some more trips in. Yes...we are going to hookup and ride. You were staying inland a bit at the horsfall campground right?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Memorial Day is Monday May 26th. We will be down there from the Thursday before. Yes we are staying at the campground.
I just ordered the dalton kit yesterday, and won't run it until Memorial Day unless I get it put together and run out to Beverly for a day trip to test.
My car has been torn apart since just after Labor Day weekend last year. I did the starter and clutch bolt recall, winch install, shocks, wired up the lighted whips, made aluminum inner fenders to replace the plastic, 10hr service. Just waiting on the clutch kit and cat deletes to button it back up.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alot of similar mods going into your machine. They are just too much fun

1 - 20 of 47 Posts