Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving about 10 Mph and the Mav just stopped going. It was grabbing the belt a little and wanting to go but didn't have enough pressure on the belt. Then I put in Reverse and it backed up a few feet and stopped. I think A bolt in one of the clutches backed out. I will pull it apart tomorrow and see for sure. I only have 5 hours on it and 45 miles.
Already took it back to the dealer once because check engine light keep going on and off. They had to order a new gauge cluster should be here next week. Just frustrated I little because I want to ride and It keep going back to the shop.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
sounds like your secondary bolt backed out a few have , they should get u fixed up , u need to get a few close rides in and works the bugs out if any , but that should be ur only problem oh and get a new set of solid tie rods for the front , turnkey utv has them for 55 bucks

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
^^^^ what he said.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx
Does anyone have the link to the thread that said what to torque it down to and if they are suppose to use lock tight. Just so I know when I go back to the dealer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also I was wondering if they should put a new belt on because who knows how long it was slipping before it came lose enough where it would not move. Or is the belt probably fine?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
If it is your secondary, and the bolt did back out, and you don't have anyother damage.... I believe the torq is 45 ft lbs. Use BLUE loctite. Have you even taken a look at it or just parked it? It's not that hard to check.

And I would definitly put a new bolt in. Belt...depending on what it looks like.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Are you sure it's not your belt?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally took it apart the bolt came out of the secondary.

The spring on the secondary is pushing the cover against the exhaust so it is to tight to take it off.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yup u can see the crack in the side cover u didn't even need to take it off, lol

I would let the dealer handle it

·
Registered
32 Posts
I feel your pain man. I lost a primary and secondary my first 12 hours of ownership. Went full stm now. Come to find out though my dealer didn't know or care what they were doing so its hard to tell who's fault it was on the secondary. They didn't grease a single zerk on my machine though after closer inspection so I would suggest you inspect your entire machine before riding again as a precaution.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That sucks you lost both you clutches. Did you just feel safer putting on the aftermarket clutch?
I will inspect everything today. My dealer is concerned and said they haven't had a maverick come back yet. Also said they have done a lot of bolt recalls with no incident. So hopefully it does not happen again. I bought it from a dealer almost 3 hours away because I got such a good deal on an 2013. That is worst part making multiple trips over there. Oh well shit happens, just want to ride again. The little I did ride it was amazing. Coming from a rhino to this is a world of difference, can't wait to ride again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thx benzo I didn't ever notice it was cracked last night. I guess I was to worried about looking inside it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If you decide to do it yourself, here is the info on the proper torque setting and loctite usage…The bolt is a one time use bolt and should be replaced with a new one….. 008.jpg

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Thx benzo I didn't ever notice it was cracked last night. I guess I was to worried about looking inside it.
NP - I still would have removed the cover like u did , just to do it and check it out , just in case of a belt change on the side of the trail u now know whats involved and tools to bring ! :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thx for the info heavy

Yeah it is pretty easy to change the belt. Glad I had a test run, now I am confident I could do it on the trail. Makes me feel better I went get suck out some where.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts