Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Can-am Maverick 1000r DPS
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a trip to Moab. The Mav did great but it did keep doing something annoying... If I stopped or slowed to low speed the clutch wouldn't fully disengage until I was fully stopped. It would surge a bit with the engine and even cause a backfire through the intake before letting go of the belt. Then it would idle fine and take off normally.
It is a new belt; less than 200 miles on it. New one-way bearing, and new contact beads ( forget the name...). Ideas?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR MAX
183 Posts
By contact beads do you mean rollers? Did you change them yourself? What brand of rollers if that is what you mean? How many miles on your unit? Stock clutching or aftermarket?
I'm sure if you give some more details someone will have an answer. If you serviced the secondary you may have clocked it wrong

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By contact beads do you mean rollers? Did you change them yourself? What brand of rollers if that is what you mean? How many miles on your unit? Stock clutching or aftermarket?
I'm sure if you give some more details someone will have an answer. If you serviced the secondary you may have clocked it wrong
I replaced the buttons. All Balls iirc. Stock clutch. About 2,500 miles. Didn't remove the secondary.

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR MAX
183 Posts
All balls?
Did you insert the 3 new o-rings? The go under 3 of the buttons.
Also did you make sure you put a thrust washer on each side of the bearing?
And last did you line up arrows on both sheaves during reassembly?

If all that is good it could be rollers on secondary cracked/worn

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All balls?
Did you insert the 3 new o-rings? The go under 3 of the buttons.
Also did you make sure you put a thrust washer on each side of the bearing?
And last did you line up arrows on both sheaves during reassembly?

If all that is good it could be rollers on secondary cracked/worn
Thanks for the reply. I didn't see any o-rings under the buttons... I think those are under the wear plates opposite the buttons, right? I didn't touch the wear plates.
Pretty sure I put the thrust washers on as they came off and aligned the marks but I'll double check when I pull it back apart this weekend. I'll have to check the secondary too. I didn't do anything to it other than cleaning.

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR MAX
183 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I didn't see any o-rings under the buttons... I think those are under the wear plates opposite the buttons, right? I didn't touch the wear plates.
Pretty sure I put the thrust washers on as they came off and aligned the marks but I'll double check when I pull it back apart this weekend. I'll have to check the secondary too. I didn't do anything to it other than cleaning.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Most everybody is talking about X3 clutches, not an original Maverick.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Yes verify the secondary rollers are good for aure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts