Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my clutches now for a couple weeks, life happened when they got here so I haven't had a chance to do anything with them except look at them. Finally this weekend will be my third attempt at installing them But when I got digging threw the box I realized there was no puller. I'll tell you guys Everytime I go to install these something has happened n this time I have no puller is there anyway I can do this without a puller? Does anyone know of any videos maybe? Thanks guys!!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
this video shows the commander. the removal is almost 100% the same. you just have a few more bolts in your cover. thats about it. if you need a puller i have 30 of them hanging on the wall i can ship you one.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
So I have had my clutches now for a couple weeks, life happened when they got here so I haven't had a chance to do anything with them except look at them. Finally this weekend will be my third attempt at installing them But when I got digging threw the box I realized there was no puller. I'll tell you guys Everytime I go to install these something has happened n this time I have no puller is there anyway I can do this without a puller? Does anyone know of any videos maybe? Thanks guys!!!!
The OEM pullers are weak but if you are only needing to pull the stock clutch off once, it will do the job. They should be around $27 at the local shop and are usually in stock since it is a common puller used on most models.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The OEM pullers are weak but if you are only needing to pull the stock clutch off one, it will do the job. They should be around $27 at the local shop and are usually in stock since it is a common puller used on most models.
Awesome I'm crowding my fingers then n headed up there

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Wow…that's crazy…..the only reason I commented was because I just picked one up from my local shop 2 weeks ago and it was $27 and he said they had 12 in stock since it was used on a lot of models and they sold them regularly.

Shoot…I would mail you mine to borrow but it sounds like you want one now to get your clutches swapped out.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Used a impact on the primary and the secondary an then just slid them off . I only did spring kit and weights

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
So you didn't remove the primary clutch from the crankshaft….you just removed the mounting bolt from the clutch and pulled off the moveable sheave and rollers etc….A clutch puller is for removing the fixed sheave from the crankshaft and you are not getting that off without a clutch puller…….the secondary does not require a puller to take it off….

·
Registered
698 Posts
So you didn't remove the primary clutch from the crankshaft….you just removed the mounting bolt from the clutch and pulled off the moveable sheave and rollers etc….A clutch puller is for removing the fixed sheave from the crankshaft and you are not getting that off without a clutch puller…….the secondary does not require a puller to take it off….
Yes you are correct . All I removed was the top piece to install a new spring and weights . Then put it right back on

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes you are correct . All I removed was the top piece to install a new spring and weights . Then put it right back on
What do you think of the kit you installed

·
Registered
410 Posts
Which kit did you install?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
OK, that makes more sense....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts