Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my junk back from the dealer last night, didnt have a chance to really check it out until today. I took it in for a clutch rattle that I started hearing out of what I thought was from the primary, which shortly after smoked the belt and clutch covers. Related or not, the issues happened back to back. Dealer told me it was the helix in the secondary, so they warranted it and the covers/belt. Started it up today only to hear the same rattle that I heard before. Now I may be crazy but im 100% sure the clutch did not make this noise for the 1st 140-150 miles. The dealer told me oh its normal, so unless its just a noise that I didnt pick up on until that mileage or there really is something wrong. Check the video out, it shows the play between the pucks on the primary and a short clip of the rattle. You can hear it when I tap the throttle, sounds like metal on metal. It will only make that noise upon initial engagement of the clutch and at certain RPM's while driving.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My stock clutch sounded like it was about to come apart at anytime.I don't know if its the same noise but the stock clutch's have a metal to metal rattle sound. I never realized the stock clutch made so much noise until I took my QSC off and put the stock one back on for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
mine makes a lot of noise to ,

that's the newest updated clutch recall right

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, thats the new stud. I'm gonna mark it then check it after a few rides

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sounds normal to me. The play that you have when you move it is what makes that noise when its running.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds exactly like mine before I smoked the belt and clutch the first time, and how it sounds again. The day this thing leaves warranty it's getting a QSC.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Yep, thats the new stud. I'm gonna mark it then check it after a few rides
the new stud is bottomed out so it shouldn't turn and snap but we will see !

·
Vendor
594 Posts
IT's perfectly normal and affects nothing, just noisy. You can make it quiet by putting shims under the pucks as I call them on the governor cup to tighten that looseness up you showed in first part of video. Too tight is not good though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts