Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall seeing an aluminum clutch liner which is one piece, and does not require drilling. Can’t find it via search... can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
Geiser has a 1 piece but needs 2 holes drilled and bolted in , emp has a 1 piece that is welded at the seam so it just slides in but it also has 2 holes to drill to realy hold it in place. The only truly 1 piece that doesn't require any drilling is the carbon fiber 1 I thought id sean an aluminum like it also but couldn't find it so got the geiser 1 took about an hour to install since I had to mark and drill for my belt censer so had to install mark remove drill reinstall check fit remove adjust you know the normal junk

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks. Guess I’ll be doing the same since I’m also installing the belt temp sensor.

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
Ok, thanks. Guess I’ll be doing the same since I’m also installing the belt temp sensor.
If you want a ir belt sensor You want to get the new aim , you can buy direct from them now really nice unit

also if you go with the geiser watch their utube vid its pretty helpful

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep,thanks! I bought the AIM a couple weeks ago.. figured it would be easier to install the sensor after the liner, but we’ll see.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Only clutch liner that works 100% of the time is the carbon fiber from Dirt Bag Customs and would be the one I get if I had belt problems but luckily I don't

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
Yep,thanks! I bought the AIM a couple weeks ago.. figured it would be easier to install the sensor after the liner, but we’ll see.
Id install the liner then clamp it in place and drill about a 1/4” hole for the ir remove the liner and use a 1” hole saw and finish the hole for the sensor in the shield then finish drilling the case for the sensor and install it then put the shield in that way the sensor is inset below the shield and getting more protection

when I marked mine I was off a little and had to oval the hole out to fit better

Attachments

·
Official Site Vendor
5,450 Posts
AIM Gauge- best CVT gauge

Clutch Liners-Guardian is the best, aluminum liners are still breaking the housing occasionally.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts