Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard any good/bad things about a EPI mudder clutch? Just curious, trying not to spend too much right out the gate. Thx.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What about Dalton kits? Am I better off going with it compared to EPI? My main concern is the 32" terminators and 30" all terrains I run.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Hit up Hunterworks - they have a good relationship with Dalton and can answer all of your questions about the Dalton kits.

Reactions: Driller77

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered a Dalton clutch. Thx for the help heavysledz. I'll see how it does first before pulln the $1500 trigger.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Ordered a Dalton clutch. Thx for the help heavysledz. I'll see how it does first before pulln the $1500 trigger.
no problem....report back and let everyone know how you like the kit......there are lots of people in the same position as you and real world feedback is priceless.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my Dalton clutch in, very easy to install, most difficult was finding a tork wrench that would read 15 ft lbs. lol. I think it's going to be just what I need, I'll know more Saturday after a good ride. I will say this, I installed the clutch, power steering and sport low all at once, Good Lord!!!! What a Beast!! I believe if I could have gotten traction, I could of pulled the 32" Terminator tires off the ground!! Lol.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
let us know how the kit does in both high and low range.....My clutches are dialed in for high and I am bouncing of the rev limiter constantly in low....

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ya randy keep us informed i would like to know also.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just ordered this kit with the optional black/violet spring would love to here some feed back I'm running 28" Blackwater evo's at high elevation 4000 to 10000 ft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Hey randy, have you driven your mav yet with the dalton kit? If so can u provide us with some more feedback? Thanks

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Per heavysledz advice, I went ahead and ordered the Dalton Maverick Clutch Kit from hunterworks. I talked to a gentleman that answered all of my questions and he was quite knowledgeable. He said that the kit should be here by the end of the work week, which would be awesome. I will keep everyone informed of the progress (with pictures!!).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Absolutely no complaints with the Dalton clutch!!! Definitely not a $2,000 clutch, but lots better than stock, especially running 34" terminators!! Lol. I've never slipped my belt with it.
But, I did pull the trigger and order a STM/STM clutch from Kris @ PATV today. Sooo, If you still are running stock clutches and you don't want to spend an arm and a leg, PM me and I will make someone a heck of a deal on my Dalton also with the spring for extra big tires. Heck I'm even up for trades.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I sold my Dalton clutch, thx Joe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts