Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Secondary clutch issue, I think..looks like the belt is to loose but nothing wrong with the belt.
The belt can be removed with out any tools used. It’s like the secondary is opened and the belt is deep in the secondary. I have a video to show if needed. Any help appreciated . TIA

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Secondary clutch issue, I think..looks like the belt is to loose but nothing wrong with the belt.
The belt can be removed with out any tools used. It’s like the secondary is opened and the belt is deep in the secondary. I have a video to show if needed. Any help appreciated . TIA
Welcome from NW Oregon!
Sounds like a broken spring.

·
Premium Member
12,605 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Not if you have the correct tools.

PS - Your clutch looks filthy. Not sure if you know you're supposed to use compressed air to blow it out after each weekend or so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I did not know to blow them out.. as seen my secondary does not have a place for a threaded bolt for removing, just one bolt thru the center. What do I need to remove it? TIA

·
Banned
9 Posts
The Trail secondary rollers are a lot easier to change then the X3s. you don't need any very special tools. other then a p. of threaded rod and a couple of large washers to compress the secondary. One Very IMPORTANT note, the bolt that the rollers rotate on have very small pin that has to be removed before trying to remove bolt.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
that clutch does not have a torsion spring. compression springs dont break very often
also if your rollers break it usually it destroys the helix too
a chewed up helix will shorten roller life

·
Banned
9 Posts
You don't need to blow out your clutches every weekend. by all means if you want to go ahead. The manual says, Every 2000mi in trail riding conditions or every 1000mi in severe riding conditions.
In my trail, the last time I had the clutch cover off was 5000mi ago. In my X3 I blow them out about about every 500mi.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for your help.. I’m still not clear on how to remove the clutch. You said all thread rod and washers? What thread does the rod have to be and what is the sequence? Remove pin first then bolt ?

·
Banned
9 Posts
Thank you for your help.. I’m still not clear on how to remove the clutch. You said all thread rod and washers? What thread does the rod have to be and what is the sequence? Remove pin first then bolt ?
1) Remove bolt that is in middle
2) Remove secondary from machine
3) Use threaded rod to compress secondary
4) Remove 4 bolts on back of secondary
5) un compress secondary and separate parts
6) Remove small pins
7) Remove bolts rollers ride on.
8) reassemble

1 - 12 of 12 Posts