Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site just joined but i have a question. I bought a new 2014 XRS I got 30 MTC on it with the muzzy full exhaust and the muzzy programmer. the problem i'm having is that it only runs about 55mph and tachs out at 8100rpm. took to the dealership they said it wasnt programmed for 30's so they changed it also three fly weights were sticking so they filed 3thousands off each which now they all open. they measured everything and said that its all in specs. they said they drove it today and it hit 60mph but it was going faster because it had 30's on it that the speedometer is off. but you just said that you set the computer for 30s so the speedo shouldnt be off. has anyone had this type of problem or heard of this im wondering if mine has an issue with the clutch or is it the programmer that the dealership put on it. please help:crying:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Well first of welcome to the site. I would recommend a clutch upgrade with the 30's and there is several vendors on here offering a flash for your ECU that could get you fixed right up on the speedo issue. IDK much about the buds software they use to tune the ecu's at the dealership.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would GPS it and know your speed for sure. If a comp doesnt know it has larger tires than it usually reads low when increasing tire size (for cars/trucks anyway) not sure if Mav is the same way

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im sorry if i confused anybody im not to worried about the speedo being off. its that the thing doesnt have the balls that my other friends have he has 32 terminators and his is alot stronger than mine. hell when it was at the dealership they raced it against a yamaha ttr230 and it barely beat the ttr. i had a rzrs and that thing was stronger than the mav.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
you def have an issue thats for sure. I put 30 inch motoclaws on mine and no programmer work at all. My garmin says im only 1mph off of the speedo and mine will hit 70 plus. only thing i did was put a dalton clutch kit in. even before dalton kit it still had alot of power. hope this helps ya any

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
U are missing power somewhere. I also had 32's and only problem reaching 70 was nerves. It would pull them all day long

·
Registered
527 Posts
That is crazy, how does the belt look? Did it act the same with stock tires? or have you never ran it with stockers?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yep, mine does mid to high 60's with 32" terminators! you definetly have issues somewhere!

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you have stock tires you or get a hold of some I would throw them on and see it what it does. If it doesn't preform with stock tires on then you know you have a problem for sure and then the dealer has no excuse not to fix it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have the stock tires i was going to put them on and see what it does. i got it back from the dealer they hooked up to the machine and it said nothing was wrong it had in the computer that it was running stock tires instead of the 30's so they changed it. i was able to get to 61mph still running about 8krpm. the belt is new they inspected it and took the clutch apart measured everything nothing was out of specs. i wished i could borrow a stock clutch an have it put on to see if the clutch is the problem or the programmer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm confused took it riding yesterday stayed in low gear most of the day playing around only road about 2-3 miles. i took it off the trailer this morning took it down the road before i went to switch the tires, and somehow it hit 72mph running about 7900-7850 rpms. so is it that i ran enough yesterday so the computer could register everything and save data or it just woke up and said ok i give in i will run correctly.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
sounds like you have an intermittent sensor issue....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts