Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone repaired their housing? I blew a belt and want to know some different ideas on fixing it so I don't have to buy my second new one. Small hole

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Some people like having small holes in their cover so it lets more air circulate and keeps the clutch components cooler.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Some people like having small holes in their cover so it lets more air circulate and keeps the clutch components cooler.
Small holes with also allow your housing to fill with dirt and water. I would try to repair it with fiberglass like glamis said or a plastic weld material. Couldn't tell you how to prevent your belt from blowing unless you upgrade your junk clutch, unless you already have.

Reactions: boovan

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the new clutch, installing it this weekend. I don't like the idea of leaving holes in it, I'm going to install a blower for more air.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Silicone it from the outside. My Polaris blew a belt and cut the cover the easiest repair was some silicone. It's still going today. Jb doesn't stick good enough, I tried that first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would drill it round and plug it with a boat style plug. If its low enough it could double as a quick drain if you swamp your cvt intake

1 - 10 of 10 Posts