Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
They're gonna fix it period. I'm not shelling a grand for their **** up. Thanks for the info and help. Ill let ya know when they fix it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Mine looked the same as yours. It was $3400 in repair costs. They will cover it no questions asked. Don't worry. The problem is getting the parts. My dealer took them off a new unit. Got it done quick. Awesome dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I dropped off my machine in Wichita ks at Marine World. I didn't buy it there b/c they priced it to me for 1600 more than I bought mine new for. When I dropped it off I was bitched out for not purchasing it from them, one of the owners told me if it wasn't warranty work they would refuse to work on my machine. He continued this for a half hour. I've never been so pissed off in that short of a time meeting someone. He treated me like a piece of shit, giving me a list of reasons why I should've bought from him. The only reason I took it there is b/c they are the only dealer in the state that works on them. I will probably be switching to Polaris b/c of the way I was treated there. Sorry for the rant but I can't believe what he said. Now I'm worried he might sabotage my machine.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I dropped off my machine in Wichita ks at Marine World. I didn't buy it there b/c they priced it to me for 1600 more than I bought mine new for. When I dropped it off I was bitched out for not purchasing it from them, one of the owners told me if it wasn't warranty work they would refuse to work on my machine. He continued this for a half hour. I've never been so pissed off in that short of a time meeting someone. He treated me like a piece of shit, giving me a list of reasons why I should've bought from him. The only reason I took it there is b/c they are the only dealer in the state that works on them. I will probably be switching to Polaris b/c of the way I was treated there. Sorry for the rant but I can't believe what he said. Now I'm worried he might sabotage my machine.
Report him to CAN AM directly about his abuse and lack of customer service.

Reactions: Clifs maverick

·
Hickory, NC
2,967 Posts
BRP don't put up with that kinda crap, they'll pay that a$$hole no mater if you bought it there or not. what if I moved to that town and brought my machine with me from say ND? Then What? Some dealers got there ego so high they can't see straight. Run a complaint ad in your local paper about it and see what he does then, if you are ready to leave them

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yep, that is total BS. Expose that POS and let him see how much business he gets then.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just kick the shit out of him, that would be funny. No, really. Report his ass and then when you pick up your machine I would expose him in front of every customer there.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sounds like he gave you plenty of good reasons not to buy from him ever.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
You need to have a hidden camera to catch this shit in true form. You post that video on youtube and show it to BRP and I bet that dealer has some big issues to deal with and a sudden change of attitude.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Now that's a great idea!!!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
I would love to see it on video. Then show it to him before you leave and be like, "yeah bitch", "that just happened".

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would love to see it on video. Then show it to him before you leave and be like, "yeah bitch", "that just happened".
Yeah he could have a buddy do the video with a gopro and the Ahole would not even know they were buddies. The guy with the go pro could be near by with the camera on but not really pointing it until the Ahole starts to go off, then stand back and let him become famous all on his own.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I kinda forgot about this post till it happened again. The dealership finally called 3 months after i first took it in August and said it was done. It lasted 8 hrs before the next explosion happened, acted like it jumped out of gear in the middle of a turn and saw plastic rings shell out by the skid plate by the rearend. After the trouble with this thing i dont want it back, will they just fix it again and send it down the road to break again or what?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I kinda forgot about this post till it happened again. The dealership finally called 3 months after i first took it in August and said it was done. It lasted 8 hrs before the next explosion happened, acted like it jumped out of gear in the middle of a turn and saw plastic rings shell out by the skid plate by the rearend. After the trouble with this thing i dont want it back, will they just fix it again and send it down the road to break again or what?
Damn that really sucks. Did they tell you how they fixed it? Did they install the recall bolt? if so did they do it correctly? Just another reason to get an aftermarket clutch set up.

·
Registered
286 Posts
that's f ed up they should have done something sooner than three months I would be reporting theme to BRP.

i had a one blow with 12 miles (recall not done) and the dealer took care of me within a week was riding again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The bolt broke off in the crank and hand to put in a new bottom end. New clutches and seals and covers. I called BRP they said take it to a dealer to have it looked at. I told them what the dealer was like to deal with and they didn't seem to care. I have to drive 6hrs to another dealer. I won't be returning to marine world. If I get it back I'm tempted to just sell it before it goes outta warranty and have something major happen again.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts