Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would still get the warranty to give you a new factory clutch. Then go out and get an aftermarket set up.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I was at the dunes and was cruising around and started accelerating and boom no go something exploded underneath my Maverick. It was the bolt holding the clutch that snapped came apart out of the housing. What is the dealer gonna say when I take it in for warrenty, it really wasn't abuse, but the dealer closest to me didn't like the fact that I went else where to buy the machine.
How long have you had it? How many rides have you been on?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I was going up a hill just 3/4 throttle and it popped. I talked to the dealer they said they'd send pics of it to BRP. Didn't say if they'd cover it tho.
I would suggest if they even hint at not covering it, you raise holy hell with the dealer & Can-Am. I would make it a personal WAR and the attacks will keep getting more & more visual & vocal until I got the results I needed.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yep, that is total BS. Expose that POS and let him see how much business he gets then.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Now that's a great idea!!!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would love to see it on video. Then show it to him before you leave and be like, "yeah bitch", "that just happened".
Yeah he could have a buddy do the video with a gopro and the Ahole would not even know they were buddies. The guy with the go pro could be near by with the camera on but not really pointing it until the Ahole starts to go off, then stand back and let him become famous all on his own.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I kinda forgot about this post till it happened again. The dealership finally called 3 months after i first took it in August and said it was done. It lasted 8 hrs before the next explosion happened, acted like it jumped out of gear in the middle of a turn and saw plastic rings shell out by the skid plate by the rearend. After the trouble with this thing i dont want it back, will they just fix it again and send it down the road to break again or what?
Damn that really sucks. Did they tell you how they fixed it? Did they install the recall bolt? if so did they do it correctly? Just another reason to get an aftermarket clutch set up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts