Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dunes and was cruising around and started accelerating and boom no go something exploded underneath my Maverick. It was the bolt holding the clutch that snapped came apart out of the housing. What is the dealer gonna say when I take it in for warrenty, it really wasn't abuse, but the dealer closest to me didn't like the fact that I went else where to buy the machine.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I assume you hadn't had the recall done yet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It just came apart. I should've worded it different. Should I even mess with the dealership or install aftermarket clutch kit?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would still get the warranty to give you a new factory clutch. Then go out and get an aftermarket set up.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I took it to the dealer, and got everything replaced under warranty. But I also ordered an aftermarket primary. It came in before the oem parts, so my dealer installed my aftermarket primary for me, and handed me the brand new oem primary in the box! Your secondary is probably messed up too, plus you need a new cover. Let Can Am pay for all of that. It's their fault!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I was at the dunes and was cruising around and started accelerating and boom no go something exploded underneath my Maverick. It was the bolt holding the clutch that snapped came apart out of the housing. What is the dealer gonna say when I take it in for warrenty, it really wasn't abuse, but the dealer closest to me didn't like the fact that I went else where to buy the machine.
How long have you had it? How many rides have you been on?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Around 13hrs, I live in the country so I just drive to the farm and back to my house, and down to the riverbed.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
can am will fix it :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yea but this still shouldnt be happening. Can am needs to get their head out of their ass.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
They kinda got one eyeball peaking outa thier ass, BH. At least they have a semi decent fix for the bolt, with the stud fix. I am curious as to how the Dalton clutch kit for the OEM primary does in the long run.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was going up a hill just 3/4 throttle and it popped. I talked to the dealer they said they'd send pics of it to BRP. Didn't say if they'd cover it tho.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Good ol can am.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I was going up a hill just 3/4 throttle and it popped. I talked to the dealer they said they'd send pics of it to BRP. Didn't say if they'd cover it tho.
I would suggest if they even hint at not covering it, you raise holy hell with the dealer & Can-Am. I would make it a personal WAR and the attacks will keep getting more & more visual & vocal until I got the results I needed.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I chose to throw a fit in the middle of the showroom floor. Needless to say, they robbed all necessary parts off of another maverick in their stock. Worked out great for me. lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts