Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that the consensus on here is to use the QSC & STM clutch setup. What about exhaust? Full system? 3/4 system? 1/2 system? Brand? Slip-ons?

·
Registered
698 Posts
This is gonna be a wide array of answers here for you. I have the looney tune 3/4 system and love it. Big power increase for sure. If money isn't a issue then yes qsc stm will be the best setup. But if money is tight get the epi clutch kit will do just fine. I know im gonna get some haters who say you must have the qsc&stm to each there own

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
This is gonna be a wide array of answers here for you. I have the looney tune 3/4 system and love it. Big power increase for sure. If money isn't a issue then yes qsc stm will be the best setup. But if money is tight get the epi clutch kit will do just fine. I know im gonna get some haters who say you must have the qsc&stm to each there own
I have the QSC/STM and love it. Had the factory fix for the primary been released before I ordered them, I probably would have gone with just a kit instead of new clutches but it is too late now.....I have heard some good feedback on the drop in kits but I don't think you will get the same level of performance as a full clutch upgrade. It's all about how much you are willing to spend.....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
No haters. A clutch kit may help reduce slipping but will not work as good as an upgraded clutch. So it depends on what is "good enough" for you. The biggest thing with upgrading the primary clutch is to completely get away from the Can-Am clutch and its flawed design and reliability issues, which may or may not have been resloved.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's great infor! Thanks. That additional 10hp must be very noticeable on the trail?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts