Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call yesterday from my dealer telling me that there is a recall on the the clutch bolts. Torque and possibly incorrect bolt installation. Advised me to not ride it until the recall work is complete, but that they do not have parts yet.

Anyone else get a call?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
no call yet, usually a letter is sent out.

i did just order a few bolts from Airdam last night though, so even with a recall i will use the Airdam bolts.

This happened to my Teryx 4 last summer. the letter stated not to drive it untill it was fixed. I took two months for Kawi to get parts to dealers, i drove it the whole time.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Received my new clutch yesterday afternoon. Dealer is installing. It's been three weeks since it blew. Also heard they shut down production line to fix the problem. That's from dealer rep. Could or could not be true.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mine is at the shop right now getting the 10 hr service done.So I wonder if they will notify me?

·
Registered
711 Posts
when the commanders were having this problem, they did a "big change" and a service bulletin for all dealers to do for every machine that came in for service. it was to pull one washer out from under the bolt. your "new clutch" may be a brand new stock clutch. i doubt BRP totally redesigned the clutch in three weeks when they have been running that same setup on the pre-production mavericks for almost a year now. i am sure they thought they had it fixed with the current setup. i dont thing we'll see a total re-design change. likely a bolt upgrade and a washer change.

·
Registered
649 Posts
when the commanders were having this problem, they did a "big change" and a service bulletin for all dealers to do for every machine that came in for service. it was to pull one washer out from under the bolt. your "new clutch" may be a brand new stock clutch. i doubt BRP totally redesigned the clutch in three weeks when they have been running that same setup on the pre-production mavericks for almost a year now. i am sure they thought they had it fixed with the current setup. i dont thing we'll see a total re-design change. likely a bolt upgrade and a washer change.
Ive called all day... I would like to talk about CVtech for Mav Like I bought for Commander from you... Also Want to buy Primary Bolt... Whens the best time to call

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
this is why the east coast have not recieved there mavericks yet , maybe there getting the updated ones, lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
Myself and two friends bought three Maverick's. Mine is the only one that blew a clutch. I have only heard of two or three others on this site.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I was at a dealer yesterday and he said he has heard of no recall, he even called someone at Can-am and they haven't heard anything about a recall either.

Side note: The dealer did say that he has seen where someone brought in a Spyder that had an issue and he was told it's a recall at the time of the issue and to contact anyone who he had sold to within a certain "Lot" number range.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called again this morning. It was a date range recall of builds. He did not know what the date range was. It was by VIN. Of the ones they sold, only 3 had recalls. Strange.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
cool good to know ,

I called again this morning. It was a date range recall of builds. He did not know what the date range was. It was by VIN. Of the ones they sold, only 3 had recalls. Strange.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Like I've previously stated, Can Am called my dealer about my clutch and told them to hold on the repair due to their "upgraded thrust washer kit". I bet this is their "recal/fix".

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
there is a ton of vin #'s under the recall.

i just called, there ordering my parts now ! clutch fix !

also there seeing the center console grab handle as a recall to re-tq the 2 bolts that hold it on also , lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My dealer also looked up the VIN #,but said they can't get the parts needed until early next week. So I picked it up for this weekends ride at Glamis and then I'll take back for the recall work. Haven't seen any paperwork on it yet either.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The parts are two bolts and four washers. The bolts are the same and the washers are called slippery washers. I looked at the parts. It looks like the cost
to fix my clutch was around $2800.00. Cost to CanAm $0 to me. Took it out today and all works well for now.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts