Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my parts for the clutch bolt recall from my dealer. The service manager was uneasy about giving the parts to me, but I convinced him. I showed him pictures of my starter and he confirmed that it was to be replaced. He will give me the new starter when I bring in the old one.
Here is my question: why is my M12 nut that holds the primary on, not drilled and tapped for the M12X10 set screw?
I was under the impression that it is supposed to be. Or do I have it wrong?

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
you answered your own question. the set screw goes in the end of the large nut. M12 nut/ M12 set screw.

if you search you will find the recall bulletin explainning on how to install the bolt recall.

also, good call on doing the work yourself.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No charge from dealer because it is recall parts. The large nut has no hole for the set screw though.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Must have missed the extra step when it was made.My dealer would have done the whole job for free but I wanted to do it myself,go figure why they charged me for the bolt though.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mega,
I've already got all printed out boss. There are pics on our forum showing a hole drilled and tapped into the side of the large nut to accept the set screw.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The hardest part for me was getting the 14mm allen wrench to fit the mag.side crankshaft.I finally touched it up with the grinder.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Thats our Mega...just sharing the love...lmao

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats our Mega...just sharing the love...lmao
The forum wouldn't be the same without him. I remember someone referring to him as a knuckle dragging mouth breather lol.
He reminds me of some of the iron workers that work for me.

·
Registered
255 Posts
OK, dumb question time. I just picked up my Mav. a few weeks ago. Dealer said all recalls/updates were done. Is this a new recall that is just happening or is it the same one that supposedly got done on mine?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
one way to find out...crack open the CVT cover. If the primary has a big ass nut in the center, instead of a bolt with a big stack of washers...your got the current recall done.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
im still laughin

did someone pull a few BONGS b4 looking over there recall stuff ? lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts