Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg

Took me 10 min this morning to soder on the new LEDs. I love the look. If anyone looking for some LEDs to do theirs pm me I had to buy 40 to get 4, but it's very easy to do I just bought a soder gun and did it, very straight forward

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
image.jpg
This is the rest of my dash I wish my gauges had more blue in the blue sorta looks greenish

Reactions: bigj12040

·
Registered
225 Posts
Looks great, did you make some pictures while you had the cluster apart?
I'd like to see where the LEDs are located.

Thanks

Alex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great, did you make some pictures while you had the cluster apart?
I'd like to see where the LEDs are located.

Thanks

No I didn't but I'm going to take it apart tomorrow and get pics so I can walk ppl through it, it's very

Reactions: Benzo

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
View attachment 10080

Took me 10 min this morning to soder on the new LEDs. I love the look. If anyone looking for some LEDs to do theirs pm me I had to buy 40 to get 4, but it's very easy to do I just bought a soder gun and did it, very straight forward
The leds for the rocker switches are are really small. Are you using different led light bulbs for the cluster?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes the switches are a standard 2 prong led the ones for cluster Are totally different

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am going to have to do green also. Where did you get the LED's and how much were they? Looking forward to the pix.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here ya go guys

alright guys
maverick 1.jpg
here is cluster out of the bike
maverick 2.jpg
there is 8 of these clips that need unclips need undone
maverick 3.jpeg
once you get the bezel off this is what it will look like
maverick 4.jpeg
there is also 8 of these clips that need undone
maverick 5.jpeg
this is what it looks like with the protective glass off *note the rubber gasket will likely stay in the base *
maverick 7.jpeg
pull the actual gauge out the back by slightly pushing on the plug in on the back of cluster the main this will pop right out
maverick 8.jpeg
these are the little bad boys your are going to change very small square thing
maverick 9.jpeg
you can see all 4 your going to change in this picture
maverick 11.jpeg
another picture of the little leds
maverick 12.jpeg
trying to show how small they are
maverick 13.jpeg
this is them in the package
maverick 14.jpeg
the string they come in
maverick 15.jpeg
the part number for blue and where I bought them.

now all ya do is get a small tipped soder gun and unhook the the four leds, then get twieasers, and hold the new ones in place heat up the soder under the 2 tabs an bang its in place, repeat it 4 times and your done it literally took me 10 min of soder time and ive never sodered anything like this. the leds I had to buy like 30+ I forget amount I bought 40 total so I do have 36 left over, I think if got like $40 in the 40 leds. pm me if interested in 4 of mine. I couldn't find anywhere online to sell just 4 of them. if you guys can awesome. if not ya be in same boat as me. have to buy 40 to get 4. anyways this was no to start to sell leds. ive have 15 messgaes of facebook from ppl wanting me to do theirs clusters but im not interested in getting into that. ill do locals guys but not shipping back fourth etc. I did this cause the ppl on facebook pissed me off charging 100 + dollars for leds and 10 min work so I figured it out for myself and us. im posts have been getting deleted of facebook cause of people getting butt hurt cause they know ppl will be able to do it for them selves now. here to help guys any questions ask away.

finished product in the first post

thanks

younker

*note the part number is for blue leds, sure ya find other colors ya want on that site. ive just never looked

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup those are the ones

·
Registered
202 Posts
That sight sux to try to find that bulb in a different color. I found the blue and green and that's all. Might just have to call them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts