Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly is the clunk or click when you first take off in forward and reverse? Do they all do that or should I be checking into something? Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
From what I understand it is the "Can-am clunk". I know mine does it if I just stab the throttle from a dead stop. I have read of many others that dothe same thing. I think it is just the clutches engaging and the backlash in the gears in the gearbox and diffs. I was worried at first, but now I don't even pay attention to it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's normal in Canams

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
yup normal !

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone I just wanted to make sure since I just picked it up from the dealer and she's only got .7 hours on her!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! Kinda pissed at the dealer cause all the plastic has TINY fine scratches all over it from them wiping it down before I picked it up yesterday, but from what I see on here it doesn't matter what you wipe them down with they scratch so easy?!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
That is a matter of fact. That is why some come with automotive type paint. That kind of helps with the scratches but a light color is the answer with plastic. The only piece of gloss black plastic on mine was the piece over the air intake and it was scratched bad from the factory. The minute I got it home I painted it flat black. No more scratches.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Thanks! Kinda pissed at the dealer cause all the plastic has TINY fine scratches all over it from them wiping it down before I picked it up yesterday, but from what I see on here it doesn't matter what you wipe them down with they scratch so easy?!!!

wait till u go by a tree or bush lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts