Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday for fun we decided to see how our machines stacked up against each other. We had some fun...here are the results.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good show!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
looks like one of the Mav's was faster than the other. Did you race each other?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Excellent. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
awesome thanks for the post !

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, we raced afterwards. If you guys remember my previous video that second Mav is the one that swamped the CVT intake and got mud in his clutch. He bought a supposed "pull off" and it was acting wierd. So he pulled the new clutch apart and saw that the primary spring was MUCH weaker. He took the one apart that got muddied up and put that spring in. So he may still have clutch issues in all fairness. But I beat him from a dead stop, beat him from a rolling start, and beat him from 30 mph start. They were racing in 4 wheel, and I was in 2. So I could have beaten that Rzr worse. And I didn't post the Mavericks racing because I refuse to bash my fellow kin. :)

But remind me to punch Alba Nate in the nose. ;) Amazing how just an intake, fuel controller, and a pipe can add to that Rzr. I destroy stock 900's...that thing did pretty well. DAMN YOU NATE!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
haha….I hear ya!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Yeah, we raced afterwards. If you guys remember my previous video that second Mav is the one that swamped the CVT intake and got mud in his clutch. He bought a supposed "pull off" and it was acting wierd. So he pulled the new clutch apart and saw that the primary spring was MUCH weaker. He took the one apart that got muddied up and put that spring in. So he may still have clutch issues in all fairness. But I beat him from a dead stop, beat him from a rolling start, and beat him from 30 mph start. They were racing in 4 wheel, and I was in 2. So I could have beaten that Rzr worse. And I didn't post the Mavericks racing because I refuse to bash my fellow kin. :)

But remind me to punch Alba Nate in the nose. ;) Amazing how just an intake, fuel controller, and a pipe can add to that Rzr. I destroy stock 900's...that thing did pretty well. DAMN YOU NATE!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
are u stock ? if u added those item plus clutch u would see a HUGE diff to

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are u stock ? if u added those item plus clutch u would see a HUGE diff to
I am bone stock. I hesitate to do much to it. As you guys have no doubt seen from my videos I just don't see the benefit of upping performance. We rarely race, and you can only go so fast on the places we ride. None of us are even close to professional drivers, and I've had no issues at all with my machine. I cracked 600 miles on a single belt, it's more than enough power for me. And had I lost to that Polaris? I'd be fine with it. I love that Maverick...and I don't need to have the fastest machine. It was funny a bit to tease John, but outside of that...I could care less. Its more machine than I can handle, that much I know. Happy with it 100%. The other factor is I don't keep things long, so spending money on aftermarket adds you do not recoup your investment. We don't deal with extreme heat up here generally, I mud sometimes...but not non-stop that would place a ton of pressure on the machine...nor do we have dunes where the machine is under constant heavy loads. If it was a reliability thing? I'd be all over it. I've done the tie rods, gussets, and I am planning on power steering as well. Other than that? Just happy with that machine. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts