·
Registered
4,536 Posts
it will climb a hill better then any other stock sxs u seen going up the hill

Reactions: AReed

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Having the weight mid car makes a huge difference climbing, also the rear arms don't get hung up on the break over.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
All 4 of my tires spin all the way up bud. And the 14's come with the qe so he should be fine. It climbs like a goat man, enjoy your new ride. Make sure u pick one up with power steering

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Does awesome. Make sure to keep it in low gear.
It depends on the type of hill your climbing whether or not your in low. Hard pack dirt hills where you can't get a run at it then you need low gear. Steep & slower hills I would use low but also get the sport low mode so you can keep your rpm's in the correct range. Large long hills like sand dunes I use only high gear.

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
All 4 of my tires spin all the way up bud. And the 14's come with the qe so he should be fine. It climbs like a goat man, enjoy your new ride. Make sure u pick one up with power steering

i disagree. fully locked and the canam limited slip, spin to sorta lock is two different things. When the canam has a front tire in the air does it spin or freewheel?

not bashing the Mav but replying to Frank's comment.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
WRONG!!!!! my T4 crawls like a mofo with ALL 4 tires spinning ALL the time.
the maverick will blow by a t4 on any hill ! what u talking about willis

mavericks don't crawl sir ;)

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm redi to try the hill climbing abilities of this unit. I never had any problems climbing hills with my other SXS s for as 4 wheel drive. Ran outa motor a few times, that was Scarey backing down hills.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
i disagree. fully locked and the canam limited slip, spin to sorta lock is two different things. When the canam has a front tire in the air does it spin or freewheel?

not bashing the Mav but replying to Frank's comment.
I don't care if u disagree. Go climb some hills with me before u tell me what my maverick is doing! It doesn't matter what wheel is in the air it will be doing what the other tire on the ground is doing. I have effortlessly climbed hills that I've seen wildcat owners stress over and hills that trex owners don't have the balls to try. Please don't talk about stuff u know nothing of. Only thing the maverick was missing was qe.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I don't care if u disagree. Go climb some hills with me before u tell me what my maverick is doing! It doesn't matter what wheel is in the air it will be doing what the other tire on the ground is doing. I have effortlessly climbed hills that I've seen wildcat owners stress over and hills that trex owners don't have the balls to try. Please don't talk about stuff u know nothing of. Only thing the maverick was missing was qe.
Which costs $1000 to put on a 13? There has to be a better way if you need something like that.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The most important thing on these SxS is a reliable engine with HP. Thats a rotax!! The Maverick has that, any other item it doesn't have can be added. No other SxS has the rotax power and reliabilty! So climb away.

·
Registered
403 Posts
It depends on the type of hill your climbing whether or not your in low. Hard pack dirt hills where you can't get a run at it then you need low gear. Steep & slower hills I would use low but also get the sport low mode so you can keep your rpm's in the correct range. Large long hills like sand dunes I use only high gear.
I have sport low - that I made myself instead of paying $200.... So that's why I always ride in low. Your avatar shows your rig on a dune, and that's not the type of hills i"m talking about. I ride in woods and rocks, and there's no way I'd go in high. That's just asking for a belt to be smoked.

Which costs $1000 to put on a 13? There has to be a better way if you need something like that.
Nope. Part of the deal from my dealer was that at the price I paid for my Maverick, the QE was provided and installed. When you go buy a new one, use that as a negotiating factor to throw in the QE.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Mannnnn ,this thing has torque that's unreal..... I thinks I'm gonna like it. They gave me a two yr warranty . Soooo I'm gonna .ride.dont think hill climbs will be any problems.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts