Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
If you do the 3" lift change the springs out for something much softer. Softer springs are really going to allow that suspension to twist up and keep the tires planted on the rocks.
Jason you want to test some parts for me?

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'll let Rando post the video if he wants. I just think the guys that made the hill hit it harder. It's the same hill where TC endo's Tripps new RZR.
What the name of that video on youtube? The one with Tim.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If you do the 3" lift change the springs out for something much softer. Softer springs are really going to allow that suspension to twist up and keep the tires planted on the rocks.
Jason you want to test some parts for me?
Alex what do you have in mind? and Jsmith its just on my facebook page ill try and get a link later to it.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
I think you should have stayed on the throttle a little more in the video, loosing all forward momentum killed you. I dont mean keep the throttle to the floor but keep them spinning a little bit. The RZR got back on the throttle a little quicker from what I could tell, he feathered the throttle in the air.

·
Registered
998 Posts
If you're running factory clutches they ain't helping you because they don't back shift worth a damn .. Your shaft saver that's built into the computer absolutely kills you on short step climbs .. What I've found is when you hit a short climb hard the suspension rebounds so hard it'll break the tires loose and the computer will start cutting the throttle off .. It's aggravating as shit

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
lower control arms, I pretty much want you to try to destroy them.
I would like to try them out for sure Alex. and yea and when it finally got back to the bottom my foot slipped under the break peddle while still on the skinny peddle.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
lower control arms, I pretty much want you to try to destroy them.
I would like to try them out for sure Alex. and yea and when it finally got back to the bottom my foot slipped under the break peddle while still on the skinny peddle.

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you're running factory clutches they ain't helping you because they don't back shift worth a damn .. Your shaft saver that's built into the computer absolutely kills you on short step climbs .. What I've found is when you hit a short climb hard the suspension rebounds so hard it'll break the tires loose and the computer will start cutting the throttle off .. It's aggravating as shit

Doesn't Sport Low disable the shaft saver?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Doesn't Sport Low disable the shaft saver?
None of the current setups do. They are simply manipulating the output voltage from gear position sensor to the ECU so the ECU thinks it is in high gear.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for clarifying that.

Did I see where the Monster program disables it? Or am I just crazy?
That would make more sense since it is a complete replacement ECU. Maybe MrRPM will chime in since he has one now.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts