Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok last weekend went to DTOR for boo bash there was a lot of hills to play on. I found out that the maverick wont compete with the 900xp or the 1000xp climbing some of the steep slick hills. Im wondering if its cause they have more weight on the rear wheels cause of motor place ment and what i can do to mine to help out? Wondering if anybody is thinking about making some plus 2 arched front control arms? I know mine always felt like the front tires were not on the ground and never had good control of the rig.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Damn I would think that the engine placement on the maverick would help when climbing. And don't u have qe
It certainly would keep ya from coming over backwards.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I am guessing he has the 2013 so no QE coupled with shorter wheelbase. Not sure about tires or air pressures but that will also play a big part as well...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have climbed some hills that made ones *** pucker, I had no issues. do you have QE2, also tire type and pressure, throttle response by you is a factor and air pressure in tires. was you in low gear? you need the sport low delete mod.be in 4x4, there is no reason why you could not climb and in fact out climb the popo900 at least and maybe the xp 1000. seen it done many times.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i would like to see these machines on some tire scales with riders.... i think that with no riders the rzr has more weight in the back, but the seats are in front of the engine, add 3-400lbs of rider and see how the weight distribution is, on the maverick the seats are next to the engine and by looking the seats are a lot closer to the BACK wheels... i have noticed that it seems my maverick has a lot less tire spin in 2x4 than my rzr did... it seems like the maverick has more weight on the back tires with rider in it, and also have noticed the same thing when it comes to climbing, we can drag race down the beach and the maverick will SMOKE the rzr 900 buddies, then point them up a hill and different story, rzr climb just as high if not a little higher.... same tires and similar weight...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
what about clutching? Are you using the stock clutches or do you have aftermarket?

·
Registered
42 Posts
We have a 13 RZR XP900 a 12 Ranger 800 and a 14 Maverick Xxc with the QE and Maverick definetely climbs the long slick hills better than the other two. We are going to put some bighorn 2.0's on the XP because we are thinking the stock tires have to be holding the XP back in the slick stuff. I'm not sure why you were getting out-climbed by the Polaris' except possibly you are not locking all four wheels, visco fail.

RZRMAVRAN.PNG

·
Registered
502 Posts
Buy a HUGE hood ornament... Or put a spare tire up front:crazy:
(Sry I think somebody switched my smokes with there leftys, I've been a lil off all day)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok I forgot to add Im running the qe front diff and pitbull rocker tires with 8lbs in them. My buddy is running tls ssr's. my biggest problem i felt is the front end not feeling like its on the ground. im thinking of doing a 3" lift and backing the springs off to soften them?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have a three inch lift n this past weekend I soften up the springs by backing em off 13 threads....big difference

Reactions: RANDOLPH

·
Registered
403 Posts
Jason I think he just hit the hill a little faster, at least from the footage I've seen of it..... That hill was pretty rough.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ahh man. Is there a video of it? I would love to see it. I know I have hit em to fast, plenty of times. That goes for hills, mud holes, whoops, n yes trees too

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'll let Rando post the video if he wants. I just think the guys that made the hill hit it harder. It's the same hill where TC endo's Tripps new RZR.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts