Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Was able to get the maverick out for the first ride and it was great. Ran slow in low range getting everything broken in, but when I got home, I noticed on hard turns, left or right, I hear a clicking noise coming from the rear end. Is this normal, or should I be concerned?

thanks,
travis

·
Registered
22 Posts
My ATV has always done this, but only on concrete or pavement where you have really good traction. I think it has to do with the rear diff being locked and the tires being forced to spin at a different speed in relation to each other in tight turns. Can't hear it when going straight or when turning in dirt where there is wheel spin. It is very noticeable though and I'm not sure exactly what it is but it's done it since new and I now have 6000 miles on it with no problems. I was very concerned while it was under warranty and had it checked twice but they could never find anything. I still want to know exactly why but for now I just avoid tight turns on pavement & concrete. Hope this helps.

Mike

·
Registered
403 Posts
Broken inner or outer joint on the rear CV's, or they're getting weak. I've had this problem several times. I've gone through axles like crazy.

·
Registered
156 Posts
mine did it too the other day and dealer couldnt find anything?? just so happened I heard it right before I took it in for service.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Mine started doing it on the left rear axe at about 1300miles BRP is replacing it on warranty

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is doing it on the left side as well, or at least that's where it the sound seems to be coming from

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's where it sounds like mine is coming from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts