Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I couldn't find a thread on this but if you know of one please send me in the right direction. I was riding this past weekend and my radiator was full of mud and the bike overheated and check engine light came on and scrolls across the screen. After I cleaned the bike real well, the light is still on. Is there any way to clear this with out taking it to my dealer? I just called them and they said there is a way I could but I had to google it. Or it's going to cost $110 to have them clear it. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Hey guys I couldn't find a thread on this but if you know of one please send me in the right direction. I was riding this past weekend and my radiator was full of mud and the bike overheated and check engine light came on and scrolls across the screen. After I cleaned the bike real well, the light is still on. Is there any way to clear this with out taking it to my dealer? I just called them and they said there is a way I could but I had to google it. Or it's going to cost $110 to have them clear it. Thanks for any info!
Most likely you still have a fault code of some sort present or the code would have cleared when the engine cooled down or you turned off the engine. If you want to clear it, I think you can disconnect your battery for a few minutes and reconnect it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just tried disconnecting the battery but still has check engine light. The manual says that it doesn't have to be a present code for the light to be on it just says all active or previously activated so I guess it could be either one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are you talking about Check Engine light? or Maintance required scroling across the screen? Their is a way to clear maintance in your manual

·
Registered
761 Posts
Something like brake pedal, high beam switch, in park key on, stand on your head and clap your hands...Oh wait I think thats for the maintenance required..

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Sounds like you might have something wrong. I would take it in and have them run a diagnostic on it to be safe.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
From the Service Manual

LCD Gauge (1000R Base Model)
1: Turn Ignition Key to ON with Lights

2: Press selector button on gauge repeatedly until Engine Hour "EH" is diaplyed on the Gauge

3: Press and hold the M button while Quickly toggling the HI - LO beam switch to enter the fault code display function.
(Note a minimum of 3 hi-lo toggles must be completed in 2 seconds)

If No P-Code is active, a "No Active P Codes" scrolling message will be displayed, If there are active P-Codes, it will be displayed. Once the Last code is displayed, the Gauge displays END then defaults back to Normal operation.

--------------------------

Analog / Digital Gauge

1: Turn Ignition Key to ON with Lights

2: Wait for the multifunction gauge to complete its self test function

3: Press the S (set) button repeatedly until the Hr (hour) is displayed in the secondary digital display

4: Press and hold the M button while Quickly toggling the HI - LO beam switch to enter the fault code display function.
(Note a minimum of 3 hi-lo toggles must be completed in 2 seconds)

Note: If the fault codes being displayed was interrupted by another message repeat the process

To Exit the Fault Code Press both the M and S buttons simultaneously

1 - 11 of 11 Posts