Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
603 Posts
Yes much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Liberties are a desert tire and the Roxzillas aren't. "Better" is relative and depends heavily on environment and intended use. If you're running single track desert then the Roxilla Comps aren't better than Liberties and won't last long. If you're rock crawling then there isn't anything better than Roxzillas.

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
The Liberties are a desert tire and the Roxzillas aren't. "Better" is relative and depends heavily on environment and intended use. If you're running single track desert then the Roxilla Comps aren't better than Liberties and won't last long. If you're rock crawling then there isn't anything better than Roxzillas.
No one said anything about running single track .lol I still don’t care for the roxzillas to much but the liberty tire sucks in everything but hard pack and it decent at best there. FYI liberties would suck in single track also. You would be better off with a set of carnivores for single track.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
How would any of you compare the suspension on the XRS turbo R to that of the XRS Turbo RR?

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
How would any of you compare the suspension on the XRS turbo R to that of the XRS Turbo RR?
Should be the same 22" / 24"? There might some internal valving changes with the RR, I'm not sure.

Reactions: BLR

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
The r model has the base shocks qs3 same as the xmr. They suck horribly . Rr has the bypass shocks with remote resi. Much better ride. I had the qs3 on my xmr . Bought the bypass shocks and couldn’t be happier, well they could use a revalve to make it more plush since I already have the eibach springs but stick for stock is a night and day difference.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Buy the XDS so when you upgrade the the XRS you won't keep thinking about the XDS anymore😁

XRS ALL DAY LONG, THOSE WHO HAVE LOVE THOSE WHO DO JOT WISH THEY HAD ALMOST EVERY TIME! The almost is to account for crazy left wing sideways thinkers tou just can't rally explain their reasoning. The only other reason I know of is people who live in an area where 64 is the legal limit on most trails so they buy to comply.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,081 Posts
Buy the XDS so when you upgrade the the XRS you won't keep thinking about the XDS anymore😁

XRS ALL DAY LONG, THOSE WHO HAVE LOVE THOSE WHO DO JOT WISH THEY HAD ALMOST EVERY TIME! The almost is to account for crazy left wing sideways thinkers tou just can't rally explain their reasoning. The only other reason I know of is people who live in an area where 64 is the legal limit on most trails so they buy to comply.
For me the 64" just comes down to versatility.

It is a 65" limit here technically but I doubt anyone would ever care or check. There are bridges and gates in certain areas a 72" won't work on in my area. The vast majority of the trails a 72 is doable but many are just a pian in the ass. 3 point turns, your tires are often of the beaten path, you are out of the established ruts in soft wet areas, getting out to cut trees and crap out of the way. Just becomes an annoying task and no fun. The 64" even gets to be a bit challenging at times even. I could avoid those areas, but those areas lead to super nice and fun areas.

Even my 60" Sport is far more nimble in tight areas than my 64 X3.

There are endless logging and backroads in my area. That's where my car gets pushed hard. This will probably trigger people hahaha, but the XDS RR is not a slow machine on rally cross type roads. I would go any 72" machine with similar power any day on windy roads.

In desert, dunes, and open areas a 72 is a no brainer.

Simply versatility for me like I said. I can do it all with the 64. And don't think you will win a race just because you have a 72.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
For me the 64" just comes down to versatility.

It is a 65" limit here technically but I doubt anyone would ever care or check. There are bridges and gates in certain areas a 72" won't work on in my area. The vast majority of the trails a 72 is doable but many are just a pian in the ass. 3 point turns, your tires are often of the beaten path, you are out of the established ruts in soft wet areas, getting out to cut trees and crap out of the way. Just becomes an annoying task and no fun. The 64" even gets to be a bit challenging at times even. I could avoid those areas, but those areas lead to super nice and fun areas.

Even my 60" Sport is far more nimble in tight areas than my 64 X3.

There are endless logging and backroads in my area. That's where my car gets pushed hard. This will probably trigger people hahaha, but the XDS RR is not a slow machine on rally cross type roads. I would go any 72" machine with similar power any day on windy roads.

In desert, dunes, and open areas a 72 is a no brainer.

Simply versatility for me like I said. I can do it all with the 64. And don't think you will win a race just because you have a 72.
So you fall into the last category I mentioned. 65 limit on trails. I get it.
72 is not the magic number, it is the setup with the stance that delivers.
If the O P lived in an area that was a 65 or narrower I would hope they would not ask the question.
If you live in an area with option and no limit 72. I don't know a person who lives in an area they can choose that was sad they have a 72, but I have met many who wish they had gone wider vs the XDS.

Hey he asked for opinions this is just mine.

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
If the O P lived in an area that was a 65 or narrower I would hope they would not ask the question.
If you live in an area with option and no limit 72. I don't know a person who lives in an area they can choose that was sad they have a 72, but I have met many who wish they had gone wider vs the XDS.

Not to mention the suspension.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,081 Posts

Yeah for sure man. If you can do 72 go for it.

To put it simply the reason I have a 64 is versatility regardless of width limits. There's no shortage of 72's around here. They are just somewhat limited I backcountry.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It all depends on where you plan on doing most of your riding. Xrc is fantastic if you're only going to ride the desert or the sand dunes or wide Trails if you ever plan on going in the tight Woods or up into the mountains the xrc is not the way to go! I have an XDS. I can go and do pretty much everything an XRC can. Believe me I would love to have the XRC for the extra 4 inches of suspension but for me the XDS was the better way to go.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Assuming your talking both 21's then the r is a base model. Many will have a hard time telling the difference in suspension as the rc2's take some time to get properly setup.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
With the way used prices are, I just can’t see not going new and I’ll be waiting for the 2022s. Unless use prices drop an average of 5000 a machine to get below new prices and reasonable then I’m just not gonna pay that for a machine that’s most likely already been beat. With that being said to stay in our max price range that I’ve pushed to the limits of already, if new prices stay relatively the same I’m looking at the RR model of XDS or just the R base model of the XRS. I’m not sure how similar the suspension is on these two units but I’m curious to hear thoughts on if you had to choose between those two trying to stay around a price range of 25,000 what would you choose and why?

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
With the way used prices are, I just can’t see not going new and I’ll be waiting for the 2022s. Unless use prices drop an average of 5000 a machine to get below new prices and reasonable then I’m just not gonna pay that for a machine that’s most likely already been beat. With that being said to stay in our max price range that I’ve pushed to the limits of already, if new prices stay relatively the same I’m looking at the RR model of XDS or just the R base model of the XRS. I’m not sure how similar the suspension is on these two units but I’m curious to hear thoughts on if you had to choose between those two trying to stay around a price range of 25,000 what would you choose and why?
I'm not sure how the letters are to newer models. The XRS was / is the best model. Might be RR now? IMO, what you need to look for is 3 things you shouldn't skimp on. Horsepower (because you can never have enough), width (72") unless you have restrictions, and suspension (22"F /24"R). That's the best of the best.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The shocks on the xds RR are top of the line fox rc2's, fully adjustable, the rs R is a base model that just comes with fox qs3's. They're okay shocks for most that wont or dont know how to take advantage of all the adjustability of the rc2's. Going to the rs R you also lose some power obviously, smart lock front diff, beadlocks. I would pick based on if you want 72" or 64", everything the R lacks can be added later on for what its worth.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm not sure how the letters are to newer models. The XRS was / is the best model. Might be RR now? IMO, what you need to look for is 3 things you shouldn't skimp on. Horsepower (because you can never have enough), width (72") unless you have restrictions, and suspension (22"F /24"R). That's the best of the best.
The rs R is a base model, cheap qs3 shocks, less travel. The xrs RR is the top dog with good shocks but he was inquiring about the R

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
The rs R is a base model, cheap qs3 shocks, less travel. The xrs RR is the top dog with good shocks but he was inquiring about the R

I thought the RR was the best one! To the OP, once again try and get the RR, you won't be sorry.

Reactions: BLR
21 - 40 of 47 Posts