Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off my exhaust to see what was in there making so much heat. I am shocked it even runs! The cat is a (almost solid) 4" of steel material. The huge collector is just a big chunk of steel for added weight. The mufflers have 4 steel plates and 4 baffles in them. Huge restriction. This is one of the worst designs I have ever seen. Just as bad as the new 2015 diesel trucks. EPA can kiss my ass! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
529 Posts
be glad you don't like in commiefornia.
you'd get to pay more for your gasoline that makes your stuff run worse, and does nothing to help the problems.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Any pics of the can innards??

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will your bike even run without all that junk? That's like $50 worth of scrap. Lol
Yes it will run. This think is so rich tuned from the factory. At my elevation a good packed muffler and a couple mandrel bends is all I need. I figure I should see 4-5 hp on the dyno. Not to mention no more heat! That will save head, valves, battery, and give me more hp!

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I took off my exhaust to see what was in there making so much heat. I am shocked it even runs! The cat is a (almost solid) 4" of steel material. The huge collector is just a big chunk of steel for added weight. The mufflers have 4 steel plates and 4 baffles in them. Huge restriction. This is one of the worst designs I have ever seen. Just as bad as the new 2015 diesel trucks. EPA can kiss my ass!
Other than the heat and weight being a big negative, it must not be too restrictive if nobody can produce any real dyno numbers for aftermarket exhaust systems....

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
X2 on what Heavy said. You will find a lot of controversial threads on actual horsepower gain from exhaust systems.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Alba gained 0 hp with their cat and resonator delete.

Reactions: chevycraig

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
X2 on what Heavy said. You will find a lot of controversial threads on actual horsepower gain from exhaust systems.
I agree with everyone about h.p. and exhaust. I will see all my gains in the dunes after I have been driving for 20+ min and it is still cool. Heat and weight translate into power in my world. My raptor build is small compaired to what is out there. But I shaved 100lbs off the bike. Now bigger motors have a hard time keeping up. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I agree with everyone about h.p. and exhaust. I will see all my gains in the dunes after I have been driving for 20+ min and it is still cool. Heat and weight translate into power in my world. My raptor build is small compaired to what is out there. But I shaved 100lbs off the bike. Now bigger motors have a hard time keeping up. Hope that makes sense.
totally makes sense......just like everyone with an aftermarket exhaust saying how they feel more power as well even if the dyno doesn't show it. Quicker throttle response along with less heat and weight will result in more power.....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have decided to go with the Ron woods stainless exhaust, with removable spark arresters. I will let you all know how it feels to me. As far as the noise that everyone complains about, we will see? I ride a race quad and that exhaust is right under my seat. This one can't be louder, and it is 3.5' behind me. I will give my opinion after install.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have decided to go with the Ron woods stainless exhaust, with removable spark arresters. I will let you all know how it feels to me. As far as the noise that everyone complains about, we will see? I ride a race quad and that exhaust is right under my seat. This one can't be louder, and it is 3.5' behind me. I will give my opinion after install.
Sweet let us know your findings and don't forget the video/audio clip!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got back home today and installed the new exhaust. Air/fuel on its way. New dual rate shocks from ct will be here Friday. I will have results of air/fuel, loudness, heat, acceleration, estimated power, and new plushness of shocks. Almost ready to ride! image.jpg

·
Registered
367 Posts
Exhaust looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Those look better than I thought. Really interested in your results and report, Craig!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts