Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my dealer today looking at accessories. they had a display of a bunch of LED light bars, Rigid, Vision X, and then the China off brands. they had power going to all of them so you could see them ON. I thought I would never buy a LED light bar from China but here is what i saw. the Rigid and China light bar next to each other, both basically having the same specs, both basically identical, both totally different prices. What are you guys buying? Im looking at a 40", $1,700 vs. $500. what are the differences? The China one also had a (1) year warranty. Price point is awesome, just don't know if I can allow myself to buy a light bar made in China, then again I hear most of the major brands all have China components but are assembled here in the U.S. Comments?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Use the search box and you will find many detailed posts about this subject.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you are paying $1,700 for a 40" Rigid light bar you are getting effed in the culo! And whoever is selling it to you for that price is laughing all the way to the bank.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Concidering Rigid sells thier 40" 14400 lumin (exact same specs as my 40" Totron) for a little over $1200. I got my Totron for $375. Easy enough to do the math.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
totron for the win $375 for 40''

drops my volt gauge maybe 0.75

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ebay or there is a vendor on here doing group buys , check thru the threads, prolly lighting forum or there own section forum

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you are paying $1,700 for a 40" Rigid light bar you are getting effed in the culo! And whoever is selling it to you for that price is laughing all the way to the bank.
Hey Giles, didn't I read that you bought a Rigid light for $1200 in another thread ??? Sounds like you got Effed in the Culo. . . .I got a 42 inch flood/spot combo led light on ebay for $250 Free shipping, whoever suckered you in for $1200 is laughing all the way to the bank. . . .LOL.. . . .If your in the market for an inexpensive LED light, check E-bay. . ..

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nobody is getting effed! If you want the best light and have the scratch, you buy the name brand. There is a big difference in these lights!

-Build quality
-Efficiency
-Light pattern
-Warranty

DO SOME RESEARCH! because this has been posted before. (If nothing else just to understand that people aren't shelling out $1200 just cuz they have it) Price point is not the only factor. I understand it's a tough sell because it's less than half price but if you think rigid, vision X and baja designs are slapping their name on a totron and bending you over, you have some homework to do.

Reactions: Andy

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Nobody is getting effed! If you want the best light and have the scratch you buy the name brand. There is a big difference in these lights
-Build quality
-Efficiency
-Light pattern
-Warranty

DO SOME RESEARCH! because this has been posted before. (If nothing else just to understand that people aren't shelling out $1200 just cuz they have it) Price point is not the only factor. I understand it's a tough sell because it's less than half price but if you think rigid, vision X and baja designs are slapping their name on a totron and bending you over, you have some homework to do.
Good post Brayla. I think that Rigid makes a great product, and would like to own thier 40" light. There is a difference in the lights, but I can live with those differences for the price. My Totron does it job pretty damn good, and the money I saved went to an aftermarket primary clutch...and I still had cash leftover. For me it was a no brainer.

Reactions: Brayla

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yep. I have a 40" rigid on my Teryx which cost $1000 and it puts out 14400 lumens. I bought a 40" Totron DC series for the Mav off eBay for $475 and it puts out 19800 lumens. So for 1/2 the cost the Totron is a great deal and the difference in quality is minimal if any. My Totron is brighter than the rigid. However not all brands from china are the same.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Good post Brayla. I think that Rigid makes a great product, and would like to own thier 40" light. There is a difference in the lights, but I can live with those differences for the price. My Totron does it job pretty damn good, and the money I saved went to an aftermarket primary clutch...and I still had cash leftover. For me it was a no brainer.
Thanks Andy all I'm trying to say is it may not be for you financially at the time, but calling it a ripoff is a Longshot.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts