Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the thing is my Mav is part of the slippery washer recall. But my dealer is telling me the parts "SHOULD" be in on March 11 but BRP is kind of a flak so don't hold my breath. The problem is I need to use the Mav as a chase car for a race on March 16. So being that i have 218 miles and no problem yet am hoping i will be fine if i don't get the recall work done before the race.

I would like to check the bolt to see if there is any stretching so far. Can i just pull the CVT cover off and check it or do i need to take the clutch apart?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Just leave it it takes them 2 hours to do the work so u will have time to get it done before the 16

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
removing the bolt just to check stretch will only stretch it more when you tighten. Leave it alone and let the recall work be done. If you can take a caliper to the dealer and measure the new bolt before they install it. This way you will have a baseline to reference.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
removing the bolt just to check stretch will only stretch it more when you tighten. Leave it alone and let the recall work be done. If you can take a caliper to the dealer and measure the new bolt before they install it. This way you will have a baseline to reference.
What he said

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the answers. marking the new bolt is a really good idea and I will see if they will let me mic the new bolt before they install it. Then I will post the size on here for future references.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts