Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,833 Posts
I added the Weller Racing upper rear shock billet brace. I looked at the trailing arm tabs and the looked okay. I am going to add the zbroz trailing arm brace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you mean ZRP Brace? Tim

·
Registered
124 Posts
We are gearing up for another AZPT ride in 2 weeks and went over the Max and noticed a little wear, gusseting a few things and adding a few things. Rolling 35’s everyone says they are to big..... but dropping to a 33 is just fine, the 35 is 3.2 lbs heavier..... rolling system 3 RT 320’s this time ! I’m excited to try them out.

last AZPT run, I smoked a set of tensors 35’s down to smoothies (just about ). To much fun drifting out of turns!!

Reactions: sand shark

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've never seen a cage that doesnt leave that upper rear shock mount in place.

I know mine had hairline cracks there and I welded in a couple of gussets there. I just rattle canned the area black.

Tim
I like the way CT Raceworx used cage mounts to reinforce the upper rear shock tabs - has held up well so far...longer than the stock setup did.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
I like the way CT Raceworx used cage mounts to reinforce the upper rear shock tabs - has held up well so far...longer than the stock setup did.

That set up is the best way to make sure those shock tabs go no where. I may have some fabbed up on my cage. Good thing I used Steel It on my cage

Reactions: Desert Dog

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The new Super ATV trailing arms have arrived. They are way nicer than I thought. The picture on the their website do justice to how nice these are in person. They look well built and way more substantial than the stock trailing ams. Bonus is they come with new swaybar links. I don’t think I will be able to run my Walker link.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I like the way CT Raceworx used cage mounts to reinforce the upper rear shock tabs
Thanks for that tidbit DD! I know who I'll go with for a cage if/when I do it. I like details such as this in an cage design.

Thanks for the continued update/info on these arms Shark! This is the kind of stuff that is wonderful to come across when searching for accessories. Taking the time you're taking and giving the details you're giving is going to help someone out immensely at a later date.! (y)

·
Registered
2020 X3 X RS RR
267 Posts
The new Super ATV trailing arms have arrived. They are way nicer than I thought. The picture on the their website do justice to how nice these are in person. They look well built and way more substantial than the stock trailing ams. Bonus is they come with new swaybar links. I don’t think I will be able to run my Walker link.

Does the shock mount lower on these? Being there is no mounting tab on top just curious if these will lower the ride height. Maybe the mount for the spindle has allowed for this making them more of a high clearance arm.

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR MAX
188 Posts
They are a high clearance arm. Never thought about how that may lower the ride height. My buddy that has them still has stock springs so he has to adjust them often anyways

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Does the shock mount lower on these? Being there is no mounting tab on top just curious if these will lower the ride height. Maybe the mount for the spindle has allowed for this making them more of a high clearance arm.
They made a pocket for the shock to mount and it makes it deceiving on the lower shock mount. I believe it maintains the stock spot. I will let you know once I install them this weekend.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Here is a side view. With them being a little higher clearance I am pretty positive the shock mount is in the same location as the stock trailing arm..

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Got the trailing arms installed today. For those that asked the Super ATV trailing arms weight 5.2lbs more than the stock ones.

Install was straight forward and no issues. I also installed the ZRP trailing arm braces to hopefully help prevent the sway bar mounts from cracking. Eventually I will weld some gussets in that area thanks to Mega for the gusset idea.

My Walker link is too short to use with the new trailing arms. If some one wants a Walker Link I am selling mine for $150.

The hubs in the rear were frozen on the bearings. I ended up using some tire irons to get the hub loose. Actually with a little leverage they slipped right off.

Hopefully my new hubs and wheel bearings show up from CT Race Worx so I can put my car back on the wheels.

The old trailing arm crack was a good one. Probably would of completely broke on my next ride

·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts
So the link won’t fit in with either end down?

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So the link won’t fit in with either end down?

The Walker link is a lot shorter then the links they supply. I think it will fit, just not sure what effect running stock length links will have with the mount being lower than stock.

I will look at it again.

·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts
The Walker link is a lot shorter then the links they supply. I think it will fit, just not sure what effect running stock length links will have with the mount being lower than stock.

I will look at it again.

Got ya

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

I will look at it again.

If the links are too short it’ll turn your whole away bar into a limit strap which is obviously no bueno. I’ve seen a few aftermarket arms that require longer links because they don’t build the end link tabs high like the stock arms. Basically at full droop whatever link gets used must be long enough so the sway bar doesn’t rotate all the way down where it could possibly go over-center.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
If the links are too short it’ll turn your whole away bar into a limit strap which is obviously no bueno. I’ve seen a few aftermarket arms that require longer links because they don’t build the end link tabs high like the stock arms. Basically at full droop whatever link gets used must be long enough so the sway bar doesn’t rotate all the way down where it could possibly go over-center.
Thanks for the response.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts