Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check your air cleaner post- filter. I haven't drove mine yet and good thing I checked in the air box cause my post-filter was absolutely saturated with oil. I mean like so soaked it covered the bottom of the air box in like a 1/4 inch of the filter oil. The filter itself was so soaked it actually had some weight to it. That definitely would of cut down on some power cause it couldn't breath properly.

Do you even need to run it?? Or only when it's really dusty??

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I ran mine just like that thick and full of oil thick layer of oil on bottom when I pulled it I cleaned all that crap out 70 dunes miles with it oiled like a mofo and it was ok

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My bad post filter.. But anyway is everyone running it cause the commander didn't have that. I ride dirt roads and prolly won't hit dust an crap till it warms up here..lol

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran mine just like that thick and full of oil thick layer of oil on bottom when I pulled it I cleaned all that crap out 70 dunes miles with it oiled like a mofo and it was ok

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2
Did you notice a difference when you cleaned all the oil out of the post filter?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just washed out all the oil from the post-filter and lightly re-oiled.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Did you notice a difference when you cleaned all the oil out of the post filter?
i dont run it in dirt just sand , but i might keep it in there all the time , just lightly oiled ,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts