Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Buddy Craig went for a Ride with his Girl today and it only has 21 miles on it , mostly street miles and he went to Sycamore creek today and the A-Arm bolts came out and caused some Damage. Pulled the Cv out, scratched up the rim, damaged the Spindle lots of little Shit. A friend Brought out a jack
and some tools and pieced it back together so he could drive it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude that sucks. The dealer better take care of it and then some. Not cool
Im not sure if the Dealers are prepping Properly. LOL the Kids they Hire now need to put down there Fuckin Phones and Quit Txting and What not.
I think Employers might need to start having phones Checked in when going to work and checked out for lunch and at the end of the Work day. LOL:serious:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
No doubt I would be PISSED off big time, especially if it ruined a trip.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well good thing it was in the Local desert and some friends live close by and had some tools and the jack, the CV axle assy was pulled out and all wedged in the frame so it was in need of some help to take the weight off and a 17mm for the bolts. I would recomend that everyone spend some time going around your machine before a trip out. Also pack some tools so you are prepared in case something does happen.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Yep, the locker on the adjustment shafts for the rear tires all 4 came loose. I checked them and the front and half were loose.

·
Registered
189 Posts
When I got my brand new commander home off the trailer, my woman and I got two blocks down the road and my rear driver side wheel fell off. How embarising is that! Winched on to the trailer cause I only found one lug nut on the road and decided I would go through it to make sure everything was wright. Loose battery cables, driver side roll cage bolts only had been barley started. One or two other small things and let my dealer know that I was hardly pleased with the assembly fee I was charged that was performed half assed. So, gave him a chance to make it wright before I started telling everyone what had happened. He said he would replace the wheel that had been scratched, sent me the lug nuts I needed and said that he would comp me on my first service. He did make everything wright and that's all that can be asked for, for these machines are still assembled by humans.

If it can't play, it can't stay!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts