Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After just one ride i cheched mine and mud had splashed between the lid and filter to get on the secondary filter. I informed local dealer and knowing there is nothing they could do i hoped it was just poor seal on the filter and replaced it with a UNI. After 150 miles in brimstone i pull the lid again and found same thing,
I looks to be a poor airbox design with too high tolorences for the lid to seal tight on the box. Going to try some silicon and grease around both sides of filter for a temparary fix . I by no means use this thing as a submarine but dont slow down for the shallow mud holes . Just hate to start another project right now.
anyone else build a complete intake with a enclosed filter or bought one. maverick airbox 009.jpg maverick airbox 008.jpg maverick airbox 006.jpg

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Mine seals tight and I havent had anything get by at all.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
try putting grease around the filter and box edges ,

I have 360 miles with a k&n filter with greased edges and not even dust gets by!

·
Registered
998 Posts
mine has let a little dust by but my post foam filter seams to catch it. Still a bad design

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
After just one ride i cheched mine and mud had splashed between the lid and filter to get on the secondary filter. I informed local dealer and knowing there is nothing they could do i hoped it was just poor seal on the filter and replaced it with a UNI. After 150 miles in brimstone i pull the lid again and found same thing,
I looks to be a poor airbox design with too high tolorences for the lid to seal tight on the box. Going to try some silicon and grease around both sides of filter for a temparary fix . I by no means use this thing as a submarine but dont slow down for the shallow mud holes . Just hate to start another project right now.
anyone else build a complete intake with a enclosed filter or bought one. View attachment 2492 View attachment 2491 View attachment 2490
That thing aint sealing right for sure. Take it to your dealer, and tell him you want it fixed under warranty. Even though it's a crappy design, that aint right.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
its almost like his lid is warped

TurnKey UTV has a sweet new sealed air intake out !

check there facebook for details

·
Registered
266 Posts
That doesn't look like the stock filter??? Maybe the aftermarket filter is at fault.....

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
That doesn't look like the stock filter??? Maybe the aftermarket filter is at fault.....
good eye cant believe we didn't notice it , that's why the seal sucked that's a aftermarket foam filter ?? check out the oiling job

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Aftermarket filters won't seal! I posted it somewhere a few months ago. The stock filter in stock box is air tight, but throw an aftermarket filter in there and it won't seal up

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah I was alittle confused, cause he said time to replace with a uni filter. Looks like one is in there now.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Maybe I miss read......sounds like he had a stock filter in it with the same problem. Replaced it with a uni, and same thing happened.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have a K&N in my box and it seals way way better than stock, plus the post filter had way to dam much oil on it. keep both oil the right way now and she runs much happyer now .!
and have i ride in extremly dusty conditions and its working super !

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I have a K&N in my box and it seals way way better than stock, plus the post filter had way to dam much oil on it. keep both oil the right way now and she runs much happyer now .!
and have i ride in extremly dusty conditions and its working super !
I noticed when I put my air box lid on after the k&N it was more snug getting the clamps over it to lock it on , no dust here either ,

·
Registered
395 Posts
Look at all that nice Blue Pre-filter oil in the bottom. Come on BRP!!!!!!!!! Do you really need to put a whole quart of oil on the pre-filter. After I cleaned mine and pre-oiled it correctly. RPM's picked up.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I noticed when I put my air box lid on after the k&N it was more snug getting the clamps over it to lock it on , no dust here either ,
Got a part number for the K&N replacement filter?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts