Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
I agree on checking over your '22. I didn't check my car over and the rear radius rods were loose and apparently the ball joint in my UCA's weren't torqued. Thats the only thing I can come up with as to why I had upper ball joint failures at 14 miles. Thankfully I was replacing everything with CT parts anyways and they went over the whole car and found multiple things that were loose. All is well now

Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
That's what happens when things are built in stages by too many different people as parts roll in. Every time it is set aside and pulled back out the chances for screw ups compounds.

Registered
2022 MAVERICK X3 MAX X RS TURBO RR WITH SMART-SHOX 72
Why do they recommend a minimum tire pressure that is so bone jarringly high? Going back to the 10-12 psi it came home with.

Registered
Almost for sure due to regulations and rollover tests.
It鈥檚 due to sidewall punctures and pinches. At low pressure if riding fast and hit a large object (large flat rock about 8鈥 tall, large rut, etc) it will pinch sidewalks on big horns. The sidewalls are VERY weak on these tires. If so hard trail riding be ready to blow through one ever 200 miles or so.

Registered
It鈥檚 due to sidewall punctures and pinches. At low pressure if riding fast and hit a large object (large flat rock about 8鈥 tall, large rut, etc) it will pinch sidewalks on big horns. The sidewalls are VERY weak on these tires. If so hard trail riding be ready to blow through one ever 200 miles or so.
That would be another yes probably. But would help them on the rollover test as well. They do everything they can to pass that test. That's why we have garbage mashed down spring set ups on our cars.

Registered
2022 MAVERICK X3 MAX X RS TURBO RR WITH SMART-SHOX 72
Almost for sure due to regulations and rollover tests.
Yeah, no traction makes it hard to tip.
32" Carnivores. Sticker on the back calls for 22-26 front and 28-38 rear. Rides like a covered wagon at those pressures and is almost uncontrollable as there's about 1.5" of contact patch. I'm back down to 12 in the front and 15 in the rear and it's a lot closer to where it needs to be.

Registered

32" Carnivores. Sticker on the back calls for 22-26 front and 28-38 rear. Rides like a covered wagon at those pressures and is almost uncontrollable as there's about 1.5" of contact patch. I'm back down to 12 in the front and 15 in the rear and it's a lot closer to where it needs to be.
Wtf??? The sticker actually says that lol???

Registered

If you run bighorns at less that 19psi at a place like HMT and ride hard you will blow out tires just about every day if not more. If keep at 20 front and 19 rear you have a much better chance protecting tires. Also higher pressures (to a point) are better for higher performance/faster riding. When we trail race (different machine than stock x3 that I ride at HMT) almost everyone runs 17-20 psi.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts