Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Friday will be my first day to really break in the machine hopefully i don't turn into one of these other horror stories i keep reading this week lol...What do i need to go over tomorrow to ensure a safe reliable trip? Things I need to check weak points I need to tighten maybe the dealer misses frequently things like that..... thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
take it around the house for a few miles make sure nothing will leak once u get out there, make sure all bolts/nuts r snug that look important , lol break the belt in the first 25 miles good , up down throttle nothing hard for long time, get another set of tie rods and get a front gusset kit and tire patch set, if u have XRS make sure bead lock bolts r tight

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay got my gusset kit and a tire patch kit I think I'll do a test run on changing the belt tomorrow also.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
if you don't have a winch make sure to pack a tow rope.....

Reactions: Tzenev

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
oh also get a rubber o-ring that fits inside the coolant over flow tank cap ,as a lot have been known to leak lil bit out ,its plastic on plastic ,

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
oh also get a rubber o-ring that fits inside the coolant over flow tank cap ,as a lot have been known to leak lil bit out ,its plastic on plastic ,
man, I gotta do that to.....I keep forgetting......and I even sell the damn things! :crazy:

Reactions: Benzo

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
man, I gotta do that to.....I keep forgetting......and I even sell the damn things! :crazy:
I have had the caps just dissapear in the past.....Vibration makes them go away with that plastic/plastic seal!

·
Registered
527 Posts
hopefully i don't turn into one of these other horror stories i keep reading this week lol
No kidding!! Guys are starting to freak me out here, Finally got the call my xrs came in, going wed to pick it up, and feeling a little leery about it!! lol

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
No kidding!! Guys are starting to freak me out here, Finally got the call my xrs came in, going wed to pick it up, and feeling a little leery about it!! lol
All these things are the minor little annoyances we have all experienced. ..not trying to scare anyone.. just saving you a trip down hard knock lane... it's not like these machines are catching on fire or anything like some of those "other" brands.. lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well put 9 hours on the maverick with out a issue , mud hills water rocks 70 miles all day riding never once a single issue that I know of. I havent had time to really check everything over but it ran flawless. I hit a pretty nasty hill climb and was impressed it made it up in 2wd with ease. I am going to pop open the clutch cover area and check for the update on the clutch stud. Also the sport low mod was perfect for the woods riding loved it. I never smelled any belt all day I kept it in low when I needed and when it was a long open trail I put it in high and got it..... it was sunny and 60 still some ice and snow here and there but not bad at all. this weekend im putting my viper 5k and ct gusset on.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have had the caps just dissapear in the past.....Vibration makes them go away with that plastic/plastic seal!
Where can I get one of these?
Guys, I just checked and the shock O-rings fit the cap perfectly.....Since, it would cost about as much to ship it as I could sell just one of them for, if you buy a set of my Shock O-rings and you want an extra one for the coolant bottle, I will throw it in for free. Just let me know when you place the order if you want the extra one.

http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/29-maverick-parts-products-accessories/3109-upgraded-shock-bushing-o-rings.html

·
Registered
527 Posts
I am going to pop open the clutch cover area and check for the update on the clutch stud
What year is it? Do all the 14's have the updated stud??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a 14 but I've read some came with and without it....it'll be in for its 10 hour service so I'll make them do it if it's not done. A question how come the can am rotax motors do not have a external oil filter like a Polaris ... you'd think it would be better external...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts