Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm out on the trail and the check engine light came on. I ran the diagnostic and it says trouble code 0 P1174? It's running fine. No limp mode.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked battery terminals I'll check the fuses

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
0 p1174 just through this

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Just tried that it's still on
after u checked all fuses make sure the board is clean to , disconnect battery for 15 min then see

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The board was perfect I'm going to disconnect the battery today and see what happens

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright I washed it (it was really muddy last night) and pulled the negative terminal off the battery. Any other suggestions? Does anyone know if the codes in the mav are the same as cel codes for cars?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
0 p1174 just through this
The code description is as follows:

Diagnostic Fault
code for Fuel
Supply System
(ORA Max Fault)
Exhaust Bank2

I'm not sure which cylinder is bank 2 ( I think it is the rear) but sounds like you might have an injector or O2 sensor issue. Check you connections on both or if you want to rule out the O2 sensor, swap them and see if the fault code changes to the other bank.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Trial and error is usually a good method in diagnosis issues like this.
being that it's a V-twin, you have 2 of most everything so "swaptronics" is an option :wink:

Reactions: MiMav

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Definitely a cheap way to diagnosis the problem instead of having the dealer rape you.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
exactly...
The mechanic at My dealer is an idiot so I'm better off fixing it myself. I'm going to tear into it tomorrow and see what's going on. With it being so muddy last night I hope it's just a corrosion issue.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good luck
Thanks!

Does anyone know if pulling the battery for sure clears trouble codes? I was reading on some commander forums and someone had mentioned that it doesn't clear the code.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
check it good a 1-2 mavericks have blown a motor from a cylinder running lean

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
check it good a 1-2 mavericks have blown a motor from a cylinder running lean
I'm planning on it but I'm not sold that the light automatically shuts off and I don't want to be chasing ghosts

1 - 20 of 43 Posts