41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
This is from 2018 Can-Am Models...

19/06/2018
Re: Possible Fuel Tank Vent Obstruction May Cause Fuel Spray
Dear Can-Am® Owner,
BRP is conducting a safety recall on some of its 2018 Can-Am ATV models.
Our records show that you own a potentially affected vehicle.

What is the potential problem?
The fuel tank may build excessive pressure due to a blocked vent. This could cause fuel to spray on occupants or bystanders when opening the fuel cap, potentially causing injury. Additionally, if an ignition source was present, this could create a risk of fire, causing injury and/or damage to property.

Which models are involved?
Some model year 2018 Outlander™ and Renegade™ vehicles.

What will BRP do?
BRP will repair your vehicle free of charge. Corrective action involves reconfiguration of the fuel tank vent line. This should take less than an hour.

What should you do?
Contact your authorized BRP Can-Am ATV dealer and schedule an appointment to have the safety recall performed on your vehicle.

BRP recommends that the owners avoid using their vehicles until the corrective action is applied.
However, if the fuel cap must be opened, the following precautions must be adhered to:

• Let the vehicle cool down for a 4-hour period.
  • Slowly open fuel cap ¼ to ½ turn maximum to release any remaining pressure.
  • Wait 1 full minute.
  • Open fuel cap.
  • Do not fill the fuel tank to more than ¾ of its full capacity.

Although your unit may have aftermarket modifications, you can still receive this service free of charge. The presence of these modifications, while the service is being completed, will not void any existing warranty or service contract.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
This is from 2018 Can-Am Models...

19/06/2018
Re: Possible Fuel Tank Vent Obstruction May Cause Fuel Spray
Dear Can-Am® Owner,
BRP is conducting a safety recall on some of its 2018 Can-Am ATV models.
Our records show that you own a potentially affected vehicle.

What is the potential problem?
The fuel tank may build excessive pressure due to a blocked vent. This could cause fuel to spray on occupants or bystanders when opening the fuel cap, potentially causing injury. Additionally, if an ignition source was present, this could create a risk of fire, causing injury and/or damage to property.

Which models are involved?
Some model year 2018 Outlander™ and Renegade™ vehicles.

What will BRP do?
BRP will repair your vehicle free of charge. Corrective action involves reconfiguration of the fuel tank vent line. This should take less than an hour.

What should you do?
Contact your authorized BRP Can-Am ATV dealer and schedule an appointment to have the safety recall performed on your vehicle.

BRP recommends that the owners avoid using their vehicles until the corrective action is applied.
However, if the fuel cap must be opened, the following precautions must be adhered to:

• Let the vehicle cool down for a 4-hour period.
  • Slowly open fuel cap ¼ to ½ turn maximum to release any remaining pressure.
  • Wait 1 full minute.
  • Open fuel cap.
  • Do not fill the fuel tank to more than ¾ of its full capacity.

Although your unit may have aftermarket modifications, you can still receive this service free of charge. The presence of these modifications, while the service is being completed, will not void any existing warranty or service contract.
Thank you! I’ll send them that in the morning!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
They swapped injectors to see if the code would follow. I guess the service manager took it out for an hour and couldn’t get it to pop.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Keep us posted. Still not sure any of what they are reporting will affect the tank pressurization issue though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Keep us posted. Still not sure any of what they are reporting will affect the tank pressurization issue though.
Got the car back, it haven’t meant popped a CEL again, while I was filling up my buddy noticed the gasket on the fuel cap wasn’t pushed in all the way and might have not been allowing it to vent properly, they said the pressure is normal and they see it on all x3’s. I’m going to recheck the evap system when I hook up my shock tower brace lights.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Glad to hear the CEL hasn’t come on again, hopefully it stays that way. I disagree with the dealer’s comments as mine does not build that kind of pressure. Maybe others can chime in as well. I guess the o-ring could be the cause but it would still be in your best interest to double check the clear vent line just to be sure.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Glad to hear the CEL hasn’t come on again, hopefully it stays that way. I disagree with the dealer’s comments as mine does not build that kind of pressure. Maybe others can chime in as well. I guess the o-ring could be the cause but it would still be in your best interest to double check the clear vent line just to be sure.
It's always been relatively neutral pressure on mine. I've never noticed any rushing of air sound when I take the cap off.

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
532 Posts
It's always been relatively neutral pressure on mine. I've never noticed any rushing of air sound when I take the cap off.
My 2020 with Evap has a bit of pressure when taking the cap off. Not crazy high but certainly has back pressure. The same as day one and zero issues.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts