Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Update for those that care, I took it out for a 10 min drive and it built up a good amount of pressure. Calling the shop and going to bring it in so they can see it vent themselves. If they don’t actually try and do something other than the flash I’ll just tear apart the whole evap system myself

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
During that 10 minute ride how did it run? Did it have the same symptoms as before you brought it in?
No it didn’t have those symptoms but the anion t of pressure that built up in 10 min was concerning to me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just had it pop again after 15 min of aggressive driving
If you remove the glove box the vent line to the tank starts there. Then goes under the center console to the back behind the plastic firewall to the evap canister. They zip tie in place and somewhere along the line you have a serious pinch. If you are smelling gas because it's building so much pressure it's going past the cap, that's dangerous.
The gas tank is plastic and can easily pop a seam, it's happened before.
When my unit was new I had the same issue with pressurization. The vent line was zip-tied too many places too tight.
Since re-doing the zipties haven't had a problem. It used to pop off in my hand.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just and fyi, the glove box, passenger seat and tunnel cover will have to come off, but after that it's a straight job.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just and fyi, the glove box, passenger seat and tunnel cover will have to come off, but after that it's a straight job.
I’ve already done that myself awhile ago. I found a few pinched lines and zip ties a little too tight. I was reading that there is an evap canister filter so im going to give this to the shop so it can be documented I came in twice for this problem incase it keeps coming up down the road and it’s something bigger causing it. I have to wire my lighted shock tower brace so I’ll double check all the lines again when I do that. Besides those lines I don’t know where else to look honestly

·
Registered
712 Posts
Can you open the line up before the canister assy parts begin?? Basically turn it into a non-Cali car,,,,, cut the circuit in half, see if it's the Evap equipment or a pinched line up-stream.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I just dropped it off at the dealer and they said it could be the belt causing all of this. Kinda blows my mind but ok I told them I’m not paying them to put on a new belt.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Personally I can’t see a belt causing fuel tank pressurization, the two systems are independent of each other. Please let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Personally I can’t see a belt causing fuel tank pressurization, the two systems are independent of each other. Please let us know how it goes.
I just got off the phone with the dealer, they said it was an injector issue, they checked the injectors and found no problem. They checked all the lines for the fuel system and didn’t see anything wrong. Then was told I can pick it up after BRP accepts the claim or pay $200 a troubleshooting fee, O they reflashed the ecu again.

·
Registered
212 Posts
So they are saying and injector was causing fuel smell and tank pressurization. And the fix was software...
Damn dudes giving you the run around sounds like.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So they are saying and injector was causing fuel smell and tank pressurization. And the fix was software...
Damn dudes giving you the run around sounds like.
Yeah they are some of the worst people I ever dealt with. So now I have to wait till Tuesday to get it. I asked if I paid the $200 if I could get a refund when they got the warranty approval. They said I can only get a partial because warranty and regular labor pays different. Can’t wait to post in here on Tuesday that it threw the code again and that they just want to reflash the ecu for the 3rd time.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
find another dealer!

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
Yeah they are some of the worst people I ever dealt with. So now I have to wait till Tuesday to get it. I asked if I paid the $200 if I could get a refund when they got the warranty approval. They said I can only get a partial because warranty and regular labor pays different. Can’t wait to post in here on Tuesday that it threw the code again and that they just want to reflash the ecu for the 3rd time.
Is it a Ride Now?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
It amazes me how many stories of blatant incompetence come up day after day. While it’s true that BRP offers the best machine they continue to disappoint when it comes to service. I hope they get it figured out, please keep us posted.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Is it a Ride Now?
Idk if it is or not. There is another dealer 45 min away that I am going to contact when they open on Tuesday. I know I’ll drive it home and go to this little area we call the race track and get it to pop almost immediately in there. I have zero confidence in taking this thing out to the desert alone now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
So I picked it today, got it 5 min down the road and it threw the code again. Took it back and took out a tech with me and showed him it throwing the code. Left it with them again. 15 days left on the factory warranty.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I’m assuming you already are but ……you ARE documenting all of this so if there is an ongoing problem it will be covered even though the warranty runs out right? It sucks that you have to go through all this crap when in reality if the techs actually knew how to fix the car the systems are all pretty easy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I’m assuming you already are but ……you ARE documenting all of this so if there is an ongoing problem it will be covered even though the warranty runs out right? It sucks that you have to go through all this crap when in reality if the techs actually knew how to fix the car the systems are all pretty easy.
Yes I am. The service manager was actually a pleasure to deal with today. I do have it all documented. He even said the issues are documented and if it goes out of warranty they will still cover it being a known issue, it will just take longer. The mech said that the gas cap venting is normal, the owners manual even states to not drive it if any differential bypass is noticed when opening the gas cap.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts