Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my maverick and when I got it home I noticed the check engine light would come on for a second and then go off. Then check engine would come across the display. And some times all the dispute lights light up and then it says performance key like when you first turn it on. And does this repeatedly every 30 second to two min. I figured it was a lose connector to the gauge so I unplugged the connector and plugged it back in a few time and I did not help. I did check the battery cables and they are tight. So is the gauge bad or is there anywhere else to check for a lose connection. Or anything else I should be checking?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I would have the dealer check that out

u can try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and see if that clears it

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Yea it shouldn't do that. I've had it come on once while moving, stopped, turned it off and back on and it cleared. Not sure what it was but it hasn't done it since. Take it by dealership

·
Registered
502 Posts
My override switch was faulty it was doing the same thing just take it to the dealer they'll check it

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
yeah thats what I would do also. shouldn't be a big deal

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally took it to the dealer. They said the gauge is bad an have to order a new one should be In soon.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
My check engine light came on today for about 10 seconds then went off. Hasn't come back on again...yet. Wonder what that was about.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
My check engine light came on today for about 10 seconds then went off. Hasn't come back on again...yet. Wonder what that was about.
can am does that so we know the bulb still works :)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
My sport low harness throws a code from time to time.
Disconnect your connectors and apply some dielectric grease and reconnect. You most likely have a bad contact creating a high resistance and is varying the voltage output.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts