Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2018 Maverick X3 - I was on really bumpy trail and power steering went out and I smelled that burnt electrical smell. Pulled the seat and found the battery terminals were very loose. Checked the 40AMP fuse back by battery and it was OK. Manually read the coded by holding the M and then Hi Low Beams a few times, came up "O U 1126" , any advice is appreciated. The smell was like a burnt circuit board smell, I am thinking DPS module after doing some reading, need to know where that is located.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the loose battery caused the Circuit board within the power steering unit to fry, not replaceable and whole unit cost $1500. Did some research and ended up going with a epowersteering.com system for almost half the cost. I loose the Smart-Lock but to me not a big deal, also the aftermarket unit is stronger and has variable adjustment instead of 3 level of assistance. Have to take it to a shop to get the DPS and Smart-Lock disabled to get rid of the message and check engine light, 1/2 hour labor charge to do that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.