Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate leaving my car uncovered when I not at home or sometimes I just need to have space to work on projects and park the car behind the house.

I have found that a XXL car cover at Walmart can be purchased for around 30-50 bucks and works great. It beats paying much more for a cover titled to fit the car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I do the same. When needed I have a cheap Costco car cover fits perfect even down over the tires.. and being 72 wide it holds down snug .

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
I use a boat cover as they seem to be a heaver material than the car covers I have found. works great.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I just use one of those heavy duty tarps from HF and some bungees,
they have larger ones that should cover the whole car.
CIMG4622.JPG

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought the one from Walmart for 25 it was a number 3. Yes it did cover but going to go with 5 the 3 covered and caught the tires barely I prefer to cover the tires completely just in case wind comes in at night while I'm at Glamis

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought the one from Walmart for 25 it was a number 3. Yes it did cover but going to go with 5 the 3 covered and caught the tires barely I prefer to cover the tires completely just in case wind comes in at night while I'm at Glamis
I bought the same one from Wally World. Worked great on my last Glamis trip in the rain and wind.

·
Registered
170 Posts
wondering if there is a good option for a trailering cover that is cheaper than the CAN-Am version and can handle the buffeting of towing at 80 mph.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
wondering if there is a good option for a trailering cover that is cheaper than the CAN-Am version and can handle the buffeting of towing at 80 mph.
That is a guarantee no on that one. The guys on here are talking about a cheap for in camp or backyard behind the shop cover which sounds like the wall mart one does this fine, some have used a tarp and a rope as well with good results. As for a trailering cover going down the highway at 80, the can am one is the only one. Its fitted and cinches up snug to the body lines with straps. Myself and most my friends have this one and it goes on quick if you cant put your machine back in trailer while camping or whatever. Its easiest with (2) people when you install to keep it centered and snug. When we have this much money into these machines, whats another $300!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
i bought the official Can-Am cover for trailering and it tore at a seam and broke a zipper in the first 150 miles. We had it installed right too. Returned it for a refund.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
i bought the official Can-Am cover for trailering and it tore at a seam and broke a zipper in the first 150 miles. We had it installed right too. Returned it for a refund.
bummer, I haven't trailered with mine on but I use it when camping if my machine stays outside as I have enclosed trailer.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Can someone provide a link to those covers at wallmart.com? There is like a 1000 of them online and searching for number 4 is proving futile.

Reactions: X3max

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Boom. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts