Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of u looking for a cheap alternative to a gps....I found an excellent app for a smartphone called backcountry navigator its an amazingly good app costs 12$ and doesn't use data. U just download the maps on ur phone and works offline with gps on the phone.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
i guess the only thing is when u get back in the woods the phones lose service and a gps uses satellite so u don't lose signal ? cuz i was gonna use my ipad mini as a gps like that

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess the only thing is when u get back in the woods the phones lose service and a gps uses satellite so u don't lose signal ? cuz i was gonna use my ipad mini as a gps like that
Exactly. .u dont need cell service when using gps. Just make sure u download ur maps before heading out

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks like this is a Android app. I found one for my iphone called View Ranger. I want to try out the free version before buying the $14.00 one.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like this is a Android app. I found one for my iphone called View Ranger. I want to try out the free version before buying the $14.00 one.
I tryed the view ranger first too...found it to be inferior to the back country app. But if its not available for iPhone u may have good luck witb it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts